+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Still not gone away.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    You can't blame the Labour Party leadership mon ami, they will not/cannot tolerate anti-semitism in their party in any shape or form, so they have to continue to root it out, and it's tricky job. Anti-semites don't advertise their anti-semitism, they are quite devious beggars, they hide it behind cloaks, such as support for Palestinians, anti-zionism, attacks on Israel, but sooner or later they give themselves away, and then Starmer has to act.

Good for him, kick the anti-semite scum out, drain the swamp.
    So the Jews who support justice for the Palestinians and are not Zionists are anti-semitic? Come on Sinkov, you make some good points but that is not one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tap in MN View Post
    So the Jews who support justice for the Palestinians and are not Zionists are anti-semitic? Come on Sinkov, you make some good points but that is not one.
    I don't even attempt to make that point Tap. Anti-semites exist, but I don't know of anyone involved in politics who openly declares themselves as one. Just because someone 'supports justice for the Palestinians' whatever that might be, and attacks Israel, does not mean they're anti-semitic. But nor does it preclude them from being anti-semitic either, and it's such a good cloak to hide behind that any anti-semitic scum would be foolish indeed not to make use of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Swissclaret View Post
    I somehow doubt that BT. She has apologised and withdrawn her comments. Being stopped and searched is not quite as bad as being sent to a gas chamber.

She was also rambling on about apartheid in South Africa and slavery, as well as segregation in the US. Terrible, yes but now history.

What is the point of going over and over old ground, especially when these forms of behaviour no longer exist. She would do better to focus on issues that exist now, like modern day slavery, genital mutilation, and so on.
    Miss Abbott has a problem with what I would call, "hierarchical racism", she thinks racism against blacks trumps any other sort of racism.

I'm at a loss now with anti-Semitism and what it means.

If I support the Palestinians or denounce Israel as an apartheid state I'm anti-Semitic. I would not in any way shape or form physically attack or vilify a person who identifies as a person of the Jewish faith so the counter-balance would suggest I am not.

Zionism is of particular interest to me because when the pogroms were being acted on in Eastern Europe many Jews fled to Argentina and it was muted this would be "home". I believe around 700,000 Jews actually live and practice their faith without fear in South America.

The worse example of anti-Semitism to me would be to deny the Holocaust. Mentioning gypsies, travellers, redheads and "Jews" does not in my opinion make a person anti-Semitic.

History tells us Poland, Hungary and the Ukraine participated with the Nazis in exterminating millions of Jews, how removing the Labour Party whip from Miss Abbott will help ameliorate that pain I have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    History tells us Poland, Hungary and the Ukraine participated with the Nazis in exterminating millions of Jews, :
    Just as a matter of historical interest, so did France.

Just as a matter of historical interest, so did France.
    Churchill and Stalin were not that fond either mon ami.

For a long, long time I have tried to understand the hatred Jews inspire. I'm no nearer.

I'm at a loss now with anti-Semitism and what it means.

If I support the Palestinians or denounce Israel as an apartheid state I'm anti-Semitic. I would not in any way shape or form physically attack or vilify a person who identifies as a person of the Jewish faith so the counter-balance would suggest I am not.

look into "Noahide Laws" BT......the second being, "not to curse God/HaShem".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_Laws_of_Noah

so, being Jewish is to be a "true" child of God (at a higher level of sanctity) , therefore, speaking against the Jew, regardless of the sin.....is akin to blasphemy against YHWH.

Churchill and Stalin were not that fond either mon ami.

For a long, long time I have tried to understand the hatred Jews inspire. I'm no nearer.
    I'm a bit surprised at that mon ami, the reasons that Jews have inspired hatred throughout history are well documented, and I would have thought, well understood. I'm sure Jeremy Corbyn would be able to explain.

I'm a bit surprised at that mon ami, the reasons that Jews have inspired hatred throughout history are well documented, and I would have thought, well understood. I'm sure Jeremy Corbyn would be able to explain.
    We know they killed Jesus Christ and probably run the world’s banking and media conglomerates but that’s not much of an excuse for the genocidal slaughter of six million innocent people mon ami. I get property pi$$ed off with the IDF but I do not propose single or mass murder of anyone who identifies as Jewish. As for Jeremy Corbyn that man would not harm a fly.

We know they killed Jesus Christ and probably run the world’s banking and media conglomerates but that’s not much of an excuse for the genocidal slaughter of six million innocent people mon ami.
    So you do know why mon ami, you might not think it much of an excuse for genocide, but many throughout history have chosen to differ.

So you do know why mon ami, you might not think it much of an excuse for genocide, but many throughout history have chosen to differ.
    It seems like no reason to me mon ami, but then again I'm a reasonable man.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)