+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spoke to a Leeds fan

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieSingh View Post
    If we go up, we will end up sacking Carlos pre Christmas prob end up with some players on wages higher than we need who will then want to go when we get relegated as this squad is no where near good enough for the Prem

Then we will be in s h I t street again

Maybe staying and getting a squad that Carlos is happy to play his way may be better for next year ?
    He bailed on Huddersfield after failing in the play offs BS, I think he might have greater ambition than bumbling around with average Prem sides.

You may be right and at the moment we are not even a very good champ side let alone an average Prem side

Too many good people have left the club and too many s h I ts have been bought and paid too much to replace them

Will take some time to get us back on track I think

Like you and Al said we need a “Dan Ashworth” but they don’t grow on trees

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    He bailed on Huddersfield after failing in the play offs BS, I think he might have greater ambition than bumbling around with average Prem sides.

Ask any Luton fans if they enjoyed the ride and of course they will say yes! They will come down stronger - richer - inspired to play in the top league again etc. Who would Luton youngsters be inspired and excited about - seeing Man City or Arsenal or Rotherham?

If Corberon gets a better contract then of course he will be off as would anyone. Likewise Patel was not having a ham shank in Tampa thinking the West Brom history intrigued him - he will have purchased the club for business reasons. He’s a ruthless businessman FFS.

Let’s judge him when the polished turd of a squad needs sorting this summer. Firstly a new Dan Ashworth as for me that’s essential as wouldn’t leave player choice solely down to Carlos not with Pipa, Marshall, M’vila, Weiman and Chalobah who are all crap!

All clubs want to win matches. Thats natural. But EPL has lost it's gloss because it is unbalances. It's finances are unbalanced. When it was proposed, nobody seemed to understand just how much money would pour into it over the years.
    It is seriously corrupted and unhinged by the officials who promote it.
    To me it has taken the fairness away from the competition, on a weekly bases. Who wants to see their club hammered week after week.
    There is no fun in that. But thats the evolution it has been steered in by some, certainly not the fans themselfs. It can't continue like this. Honestly, it looks like football is dying and not because of the financial changes alone. But because the fans were never really included in the initial changes or at best were never listened to.
    Most communities have lost their sense of pride in their local club because of the pyramid of modern day football finances.
    This was not a normal evolution for the sport but a driven one. Driven by greed. that greed is driving it into the ground.
    It also stifles young talent and kills the enjoyment that helps young talent bloom.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    All clubs want to win matches. Thats natural. But EPL has lost it's gloss because it is unbalances. It's finances are unbalanced. When it was proposed, nobody seemed to understand just how much money would pour into it over the years.
    It is seriously corrupted and unhinged by the officials who promote it.
    To me it has taken the fairness away from the competition, on a weekly bases. Who wants to see their club hammered week after week.
    There is no fun in that. But thats the evolution it has been steered in by some, certainly not the fans themselfs. It can't continue like this. Honestly, it looks like football is dying and not because of the financial changes alone. But because the fans were never really included in the initial changes or at best were never listened to.
    Most communities have lost their sense of pride in their local club because of the pyramid of modern day football finances.
    This was not a normal evolution for the sport but a driven one. Driven by greed. that greed is driving it into the ground.
    It also stifles young talent and kills the enjoyment that helps young talent bloom.
    It really has changed Dubbs. I can see all the points made here and they are all valid. I just think that when Southampton fans and Leeds fans who have long term and recently tasted the Prem aren’t over excited about going back it tells you something. It never used to be that way.

I’m with Boingy here, all points made by everyone are excellent, to stay up in the first season you have to be incredibly good or lucky, in previous promotions we have had a nucleus of Prem standard players this time round we have none.
    Undoubtedly the financial side of things will help us in the long term, it’s the thought of nobs like Linekar and co and the disgusting Sky Tv treating us as though we are something they’ve just scraped off their shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Rather have Mick’s scenario every day of the week. Competition should be ruthless as should any financial income because foremost WBAFC is a business.

I love tennis but don’t want to play s hit players just for the satisfaction of winning.
    But there is no competition in the prem, it is all sewn up. Clubs like ours can no longer compete, Sky ruined it.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP67 is back! View Post
    But there is no competition in the prem, it is all sewn up. Clubs like ours can no longer compete, Sky ruined it.
    Brentford, Brighton, Bournemouth, Crystal Palace are all competing well Dave, Forest have a decent side as well.

I guess they all come under the banner of “it’ll be their turn one day” when it comes to their turn to drop.

I’d take another 8-10 years of Prem football even if we did have to “take our turn” at some point.

Even before the EPL existed most of the top sides were not going to suffer relegation.

Nine times out of ten it was the expected sides that went down.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Brentford, Brighton, Bournemouth, Crystal Palace are all competing well Dave, Forest have a decent side as well.

I guess they all come under the banner of “it’ll be their turn one day” when it comes to their turn to drop.

I’d take another 8-10 years of Prem football even if we did have to “take our turn” at some point.

Even before the EPL existed most of the top sides were not going to suffer relegation.

Nine times out of ten it was the expected sides that went down.
    They are just makeweights Mick, the big prizes are all sewn up, these types of teams and us if we go up are just their to make up the numbers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)