+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Best Cafs in Rotherham 70's and 80's

I expect Davy’s cafe was closed by then. Wood paneling, servers in uniforms, clunky silver tea services and a pervading smell of roasting coffee. My mother, a German war bride, thought she was back in Hanover…

Mike's cafe across from Angel pub.quant and friendly

Ring o bells….used to have a knickerbocker glory in there,which when young I thought was a really funny name…!..

The greasy spoon in bottom corner of market,hardly enough room to swing a cat…but character in abundance..the sound of the coffee steam machine was deafening ..

Also a cafe upstairs in the store where Riley’s used to be,was it brittans.. ?..it had one of those lifts that you had to close the scissor door yourself and make sure it was closed properly as it could still open even when moving..!.

I used to use the one opposite the Angel and the smell of ground coffee in Davy's cafe. In later years I used the Ring O'Bells opposite the church.
    I also liked the one in Clifton Park open in the summer. A large wooden hall near to the donkey rides.

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    I expect Davy’s cafe was closed by then. Wood paneling, servers in uniforms, clunky silver tea services and a pervading smell of roasting coffee. My mother, a German war bride, thought she was back in Hanover…
    Where was that CT?

Willie's Kitchen, ran by Trevor Womble. Food was nice but it was so narrow and small. Nowhere near big enough for a cafe/ restaurant

More a restaurant than a cafe but can anyone remember Ferrari's ?

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    Willie's Kitchen, ran by Trevor Womble. Food was nice but it was so narrow and small. Nowhere near big enough for a cafe/ restaurant

More a restaurant than a cafe but can anyone remember Ferrari's ?
    Ferrari’s the first time I had garlic mushrooms .......Roberts cafe at the top of the market wasn’t bad .....and did anyone dine in Joyce and pats ....and muntus cafe near caprice

The Millgate above the Turf Tavern for a birthday treat.

Whitehall great, on a weekend me and my Dad used to have to queue up a couple of flights of stairs it was usually busy.
    Pie chips peas and gravy for me.
    They were those trays of pies, I used to always ask for a corner piece.
    Cos I was such a good looking lad (same as now) they always obliged. Really good place.

It defo was not above Burton's.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast