+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Takeover

Can The club not be put in trust???? Surely?
    I can't believe that his family will disregard and dishonour PCs passion, and hard work. And I can't believe that given his insistence that the club survives that he would allow ( and his family would allow) such possible instability , and to allow foreign unattached people to threaten the clubs existence I won't believe it until it happens......... if it does, I fear for the clubs existence

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Can The club not be put in trust???? Surely?
    I can't believe that his family will disregard and dishonour PCs passion, and hard work. And I can't believe that given his insistence that the club survives that he would allow ( and his family would allow) such possible instability , and to allow foreign unattached people to threaten the clubs existence I won't believe it until it happens......... if it does, I fear for the clubs existence
    Jules , this is football today warts n all , it appears to me that the Cryne family don't want the club after PC sadly passes other than a token stake I believe .

I'm fairly certain he wouldn't want the club to be at risk so I'm willing to trust his judgement on this .

We are a championship club who very wealthy people are seemingly interested in purchasing , mainly because we sit one level below the big league and carry no debt .

The days of local businessmen running championship clubs are all but over and if we want to remain at this level then we may have to accept it .

I'm dubious myself. They're not planning to plough in loads of money so what do they exactly want in return from their investment ?

People like these aren't interested in anything other than making money. Maybe I'm being judgemental here but what possible interest is Barnsley FC to a Chinese billionaire? To get the success they crave then they need to whack in a wedge of their own money and be willing to lose it.

We don't know enough info as yet but I think Jules makes a great point about the limited success Chinese ownership has brought english clubs.

This possible takeover will split fans opinion. Whichever way it goes we must remember there are no guarantees. For the record I like the way things are being done at present. This Chinese deal will certainly put a new slant on things

Sell sell sell its unfortunately the sign of the times like it or not

It's got lost in the translation.

It's a takeaway, not a takeover.

Mr Foo Kin Nice Chicken Spice Hut on Sheffield Rd.(No 42 wi prawn crackers recommended)

Dunt want 'em. Rather be a local club in League One laikin at "Oakwell".

I'm not sure I'm 100% behind the takeover, however, if we stay as we are I fear we will be left behind. The money being spent on transfers is ridiculous and there is no way we can compete with the teams with very rich owners.
    I'm glad to hear they have stated they are not piling in loads of money, so as long as we keep our heads above water and compete in the championship, that will do me.
    Keeping Hecky as head coach is a must along with the way we are going about the way the club is run. Other clubs are using us as an example now and we are turning heads.
    What I would like to come out of this is a new stand to replace the old west stand and be named after Norman. The new owners can change the name of the ground if they want as a sweetener.
    Interesting times ahead on and off the field. I feel we have a bright future in the long run. At least the consortium have experience of running a club being owners of Nice.

Its worrying for me as weve seen what foreign investment can do to clubs. Although if the deal involves the Cryne's keeping a part of the club and remaining in the board room, it could be a great thing. All depends on the finer details for me. First things first, lets beat them lot darn't road today!! U reds!!!

Bring it on then maybe we might start paying our players championship wages and not selling them every transfer window.

Sword of Damocles this.
    They are investors looking for return on investment. I'm sure they have done their homework and seen what went wrong for others before.
    News suggests they won't throw silly money at it but feel they can fund a tilt at promotion... perhaps they see us as a feeder team for Nice? Didn't the same approach by an Italian owner get Watford comfortable in Prem?
    Like others I would prefer us developing players and working for success than paying ridiculous sums to soulless mercenaries.
    Jury out for me. 70-30 it would be a good thing.

Everyone seems to think good or bad but what they are thinking is neither here or there PC put the club up for sale and it doesn't matter if the buyer is Chinese Russian or any other nationality the crynes still hold a small stake in club the fans don't come into it PC has said he will only sell to someone with the club at heart we will see wether it's now or later

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast