+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: QOS v MORTON

Football viewing is subjective I know but I couldn't share Jardi's acclaim of McShane either. Central midfield has been a big problem of ours for a few years. John O'Neill and Millar were/are both technically gifted but lazy .Bowey the opposite of lazy but not very skillful ( if we are honest ) McShane was like a ghost as you never noticed him ( or I didnt).Tapping good but never fit . Stevie Tosh flattered to deceive and wasnt the same player with us as he had been at Gretna. The list goes on and on and would be good to get someone decent in.

Would be great to have a Tommy Bryce Mark 2. Could we rewind 20 years.

O'Neill was a better player than Millar just as skilfull but miles ahead when it came to scoring goals 70 in 143 starts is some return for a midfielder. Neither could lace Tommy Bryce's (mark 2) boots though - that guy is a real Doonhamer legend.

Have to say that once Chisholm stopped trying to play him wide to accomodate both MacFarlane and Scally I thought Stevie Tosh was a great player for us. Very harsh to judge him as someone who flattered to deceive in my view. Had some superb games for us, notably cup semi v Aberdeen where for me he was man of the match by a distance.

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    O'Neill was a better player than Millar just as skilfull but miles ahead when it came to scoring goals 70 in 143 starts is some return for a midfielder. Neither could lace Tommy Bryce's (mark 2) boots though - that guy is a real Doonhamer legend.
    How many penalties did O'Neil score out of the 70 goals?

Really tough game coming up on Saturday, haven't seen Morton so far this season but they seem a hard team to beat.
    Wondering that now our alleged interest in the Currant Bun, Crooks, seems to have waned, will our new manager turn his attention to the Jungle Jims for some midfield bite, plenty to be had in loan players from the Champions Elect I should imagine, also noticed Rory Loy available for loan in January, desperate for a game apparently.

Rory Loy would be a great addition to the team - and being a Dumfries lad, - he would add a little extra to the squad

Hopefully Loy will want to play in Dumfries.

Any chance of an early christmas presents with 3 points today as I been very good this year.

Can`t remember ever going to a Queens match on Christmas Eve as it is usually always Boxing day.

Has happened a few times over the years on looking back through my records but the main thing is hopefully a good result - get intae them Queens !

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)