+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Plymouth Post Match Thoughts

Refs cheat.
    Ryan Taylor is off my Christmas card list, wan***
    Yates wasn’t too bad but JCH should have started.
    Ajayi motm with Emmanuel close behind him.
    Warney should have made subs earlier.
    We should have won
    Don’t get why Plymouth play 3 up front and hardly attacked.
    Get O’Donnell in net.
    Last edited by millertop; 16-12-2017 at 06:26 PM.

Saw a different game to some of you, we played some great football today at times, Williams passing is fecking Shyte.

Plymouth were awful, but I saw green shoots of devent football but poor quality passing and decision making from some of our players.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    If you take half time out Wood got booked twice in less than 10 mins bit silly.
    yes - he let everybody down today. Carelessly lost the ball and, probably out of frustration at his error, committed a needless foul.
    We actually played ok with 10 men until we gifted Taylor with a goal. The team deserve credit for keeping going and snatching a point but we have dropped 2 points against a very poor Plymouth side.

Fingers crossed that we can move forward in the transfer window but I think we all expect to be underwhelmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post
    2 terrible teams.
    Terrible manager
    Terrible atmosphere
    Terrible ref

Ball only quality player
    Vaulks can’t pass 3 yards.
    Wood mattock and forde terrible.

Crowd getting less every week but Warne is a nice guy so it’s ok.
    What you on about Yak,Mattock was voted MOM ,whoever gives the awards in these games must have poor eye sight,Mattock was one of the worst players on the pitch.
    One team average at best (us) Plymouth very poor in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Thankful for a point but I think they were the worst team we've seen at NYS this season. Too much sideways and backwards passing which they were happy to let us do. When we went to 10 men they seemed to have no plan B to take advantage of it.

Feel sorry for Yates, got into the team and was having a decent game but he had to be sacrificed after sending off.

In good time honoured Millers' fan tradition, the fans always have a scapegoat and that currently appears to be Vaulks. He didn't have great game and looked better when he went into the back four, but to be fair we had worse players on the pitch.
    Who were the worse players? Maybe you could put Forde and Williams but for me Vaulks was the worse player on pitch today and no I’m not looking for a scrapgoat

Williams frustrates the life out of me,tries hard but no end product.

Quote Originally Posted by kentmillerman View Post
    PW in. He does not need Barker. His outburst with the Plymouth boss was ott. Get shut of Barker and get a defensive coach or a decent assistant to help.
    Barker and Pollitt were the cheapest on offer,no other club wanted them,so they were within our budget and they are mates of Warney!!.The truth is ,there appears to be no proof, where their input is improving us ,on the contrary,we getting worse by the match.I believe we could get more out of these players.Defence wise the full backs are just not good enough.In fact, if the manager is happy with this,it is a big worry.

I'm going to specsavers. Vaulks what did he do wrong. Somebody tell me. Manager cost us win with his team selection. Williams play him on the right. Forde & Yates how do they get in the side. We need to play 3 in midfield. Rodak even with hardly anything to do everytime a corner comes in defence don't know what he's going to do next. Somebody tell me different.

Vaulks: started in midfield, did no worse than anyone else, put him at centre back were he let no one down when we've got Ihiewke on the bench. Warney explain.
    Last edited by gwru; 16-12-2017 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gwru View Post
    I'm going to specsavers. Vaulks what did he do wrong. Somebody tell me. Manager cost us win with his team selection. Williams play him on the right. Forde & Yates how do they get in the side. We need to play 3 in midfield. Rodak even with hardly anything to do everytime a corner comes in defence don't know what he's going to do next. Somebody tell me different.

Vaulks: started in midfield, did no worse than anyone else, put him at centre back were he let no one down when we've got Ihiewke on the bench. Warney explain.
    Vaulks was poor in the first half and regularly gave the ball away. I began to wonder if he was red/green colour blind.
    However, to be fair to the lad, he did well when he got moved to central defence. One thing you can say about him, he never gives up and doesn't hide.

Why is it after coming from behind with 10 men are we trying to pick our worst players?
    Rodak. 2 iffy long kicks str into touch. How about the near post save to keep it 0.0. nothing he could do about the goal. Very good distribution first half. Best keeper at the club by a country mile.
    Mattock, best game for a while. Nothing special but at least did his main job, stopping the cross into the box.
    Wood. Kept Taylor quiet till poor control got him a early bath.
    Ajayi good game, motm for me. Goal will give him confidence.
    Emmanuel. Decent game. Did everything needed for a fullback.
    Forde. Think he's a good impact player when opposition are slowing down. Good crossing though without the height it's always easy for big defenders. Did well in defence.
    Vaulks did well at the back. Offered little going forwards. 4th choice midfielder when all fit.
    Towell. Worked hard but wish he would not want 3 touches every time he gets the ball. He always looked to go forwards
    Williams. Ran the fullback ragged all game though it was all for nothing as the target ball/Yates are never winning the ball in the air Vs two big CB
    Ball. Very close to motm. Some of his skills were of better than league one. The 40 yard punt from ajayi he plucked out of the air was class.
    Yates. Not much happened today for him, don't recall him making mistakes or doing anything worth while.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast