+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Would you have Paul Heckingbottom back?

no

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    No PC listened to Wilson /Johnson they personally scouted player's , it was their choice , PC always backed them , not like this current mob
    Am not so sure Roma. Am not disputing the players Wilson signed (Hourihane, Winnall etc) but the transfer system we now operate came into being when Lee Johnson arrived in my opinion. Let's remember that Johnson came here as a head coach and not manager. That suggests to me that Crynes moneyball system with the youth and the scouting system was already in operation.

Mark Roberts for example was signed but Johnson dint want to know, barely played him. Hecky comes in and helps mek him into a 3m parnd defender. Hammill came in on Crynes say so not Johnson's if I'm not mistaken.

Am not gonna bad marth Johnson but I believe his tactics were confusing the young lads. He laiked tactics that were far too advanced for not only the young footballers we had but also the level we were at (LG 1).

I remember one game at home where he played with no strikers.

I believe Johnson is a good manager/coach but at a higher level than league 1. Around 18 months ago he almost got the better of Manchester city at the Etihad when his Bristol team gave Man City probably their toughest test at home all that season. He tactically got the measure of Guardiola that night where no other premiership manager had even come close to living with them that season at the Etihad. Bristol were very unfortunate to lose late on.

I think Johnson also helped turn Hourihane into the player we see today. I saw a different Hourihane emerge under Johnson to what he was when he first arrived under Wilson. Johnson has gradually pushed Bristol City into championship promotion contenders over last 3 seasons despite losing his best players.

Problem wi Johnson darn here wo his stubbornness not to change to what was staring him straight in the face culminating in that 8 match losing streak and an exit to non league Altrincham in FA Cup.

Hecky came in and simplified it, brought the best art o each player individually and collectively and the rest was history. Probably one of the most exciting periods I remember of our recent history. It all went tyts up when that team was sold from under him and replaced with far inferior players.

Tha can argue who's signings they were etcetera but the fact is that Hecky coached and organised that double Wembley teearm far better than what Johnson did. It weren't a case o Hecky just 'standing in the technical area' as tha purrit in a previous post. Tha doing him a massive disservice theer Roma.

Well willevta agree to disagree Pass, al not geeim any credit or mention him ageeun

Yes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12