+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: First major interview with new owners

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    I doubt it, BFP, but plenty of supporters have.
    Obviously we fans do. I want promotion this season. We won’t get promoted with the current manager. For all their reasonable noises now, it’s only a matter of time until the owners come to the same conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Obviously we fans do. I want promotion this season. We won’t get promoted with the current manager. For all their reasonable noises now, it’s only a matter of time until the owners come to the same conclusion.
    The world of football club ownership was, until this Summer, a totally different world to the one the Reedzt brothers are used to. They only had to find players for clubs they had no real connection to, now they have to find them for their own club they will find a different kind of pressure. I don't think it will be too long before they transfer that pressure to the only man they could hold responsible.

I wonder if their experience of finding players might extend to finding managers, and who knows, if they are familiar with foreign players we could have a foreign manager.

If they are going down the Brentford route, which it seems they are, then I wouldn't be so sure:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...h-huge-budgets

"We don't look so much at the league table position when we evaluate performance. What we look at are the underlying metrics, which we believe are a better indication of where we are going and how we've done," Ankersen says. "We know how we measure performance; we don't overreact to those swings in results that you see that's largely down to randomness, which you see in football because it's a low-scoring sport.

"Telling people that the league table lies is like telling people that the earth is flat. All their preconceptions are being challenged, and the media won't accept it because they rely on having tragedies and triumphs, so it's a difficult thing to say—especially when you are underachieving."

But Brentford do not merely use the "table of justice" as an excuse. In 2015, Mark Warburton was not offered a new contract as manager after Brentford came fifth. The club believed the team had been lucky, that their performances had not merited such impressive results. Warburton was also less enamoured with analytics than other senior figures."

Quote Originally Posted by theory_extinct View Post
    If they are going down the Brentford route, which it seems they are, then I wouldn't be so sure:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...h-huge-budgets

"We don't look so much at the league table position when we evaluate performance. What we look at are the underlying metrics, which we believe are a better indication of where we are going and how we've done," Ankersen says. "We know how we measure performance; we don't overreact to those swings in results that you see that's largely down to randomness, which you see in football because it's a low-scoring sport.

"Telling people that the league table lies is like telling people that the earth is flat. All their preconceptions are being challenged, and the media won't accept it because they rely on having tragedies and triumphs, so it's a difficult thing to say—especially when you are underachieving."

But Brentford do not merely use the "table of justice" as an excuse. In 2015, Mark Warburton was not offered a new contract as manager after Brentford came fifth. The club believed the team had been lucky, that their performances had not merited such impressive results. Warburton was also less enamoured with analytics than other senior figures."
    Well that's pretty much what the Reedtz Bros have said in this interview. If you're persuation is Ardley out, maybe the best scenario would be to finish top 3, get promoted at Wembley and then he gets the sack because they thought he was lucky! Everyone's happy, except Ardley of course!

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    “It's a really long-term project from our point of view and it also an investment.

"We are well aware of the money clubs tend to lose at this level, but that was something we accounted for.

"Even if we don't achieve promotion in the short-term, we are happy to invest at that level in the future.

"We are going to be around for as long as possible, but will be patient in our pursuit of success.”
    Irrespective of the Ardley debate, the words above are music to my ears after a succession of previous owners who made big promises and largely failed to deliver. This club has lacked stability for a long time and that's why we are where we are. Only by finding that stability will we be able to move forward again, and it sounds as if the Reedtz brothers are better equipped to provide that calm, strategic approach then many of their predecessors.

It’ll be absolutely fantastic if the owners take a stat-based, fact-based, logical approach to their recruitment.

It’s just that I don’t know under which fact-based approach they’d want to keep Ardley. We’re we unlucky to be relegated last season? Are we unlucky to be mid table this?

It’ll be absolutely fantastic if the owners take a stat-based, fact-based, logical approach to their recruitment.

It’s just that I don’t know under which fact-based approach they’d want to keep Ardley. We’re we unlucky to be relegated last season? Are we unlucky to be mid table this?
    I can't imagine there was a single parameter last season in which we did not deserve to be relegated - especially given the "goals against" column. I know statistics can sometimes suggest otherwise, but I think that in every game other than perhaps Bury at home, we got the result our performance merited.

I'd love to know where Notts are in the Reedtz brothers' stats table. Most of the away performances have matched the results, except for Yeovil and Chesterfield. But at home we've been in some very tight games in which the only difference between the sides is that we scored and the opposition didn't (obviously I'm talking about the good old days when we weren't conceding at least two goals a game).

These owners do come across as very grounded and in it for the long-haul, although I did have a nagging voice in my head saying "Strong and stable" - and we know how that ended up.

I would have liked to have heard their expectations for the rest of the season and if they plan to let Ardley strengthen in January if any players leave. Also would have been good to get their views on the youth team - if they're all about the Brentford model, it doesn't make sense to actually have a youth team does it?

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Well that's pretty much what the Reedtz Bros have said in this interview. If you're persuation is Ardley out, maybe the best scenario would be to finish top 3, get promoted at Wembley and then he gets the sack because they thought he was lucky! Everyone's happy, except Ardley of course!
    Lol, like your reasoning

Where have these fans gone that were more than happy to finish mid table this season and adopt some much needed stability?
    Did these people think we’d finish mid table by playing beautiful football and winning every game?
    I’m so glad we finally have owners that think level headed and wont make constant rash decisions like many on here, and our previous owners!

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    Where have these fans gone that were more than happy to finish mid table this season and adopt some much needed stability?
    Those fans were definitely in the majority when we had an owner who wanted to get rid and very few players signed up, and I was one of them. Since then, we have new owners and a squad that is the envy of most clubs in this league.

Are you really surprised that expectations have risen?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast