+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 🏆Fans' & Players' Player of The Season: Macaulay Langstaff

Macca deserves opportunity next season to play league one at very least. I'm sure he'll get it.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    I’d argue that you’re 2.9% from it being a landslide….but I won’t! Well done laddo, and well done Macca, thoroughly deserved 🙂
    And I'd agree with that , let's call it a mudslide. We both knew, and said, Langstaff would win. The only question was by how much?

You sir made a superb and almost convincing argument for Mr 8/10, alas goals win games.

Quote Originally Posted by OldBanksy View Post
    Macca deserves opportunity next season to play league one at very least. I'm sure he'll get it.
    Hope not, being selfish.

Quote Originally Posted by Ex_Southwell_Magpie View Post
    Going by the opinion and debate on this board and twitter over the last few days, I'm surprised the margin of victory was as large as it is.
    A worthy winner but I'm a bit surprised that Macca got less than half the vote, I expected he'd get around 65%.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Well deserved. lets hope he is around to collect the same award next season..
    Exactly!

I hope it's been thoroughly explained to him that if he accepts the fans' player of the year award, then he is not allowed to leave the club at the end of the season. It's in the small print.

Quote Originally Posted by OldBanksy View Post
    I quite agree. Of course selfishly I would like him to stay at Notts as we all would, but at 26 this could be his last big chance and opportunity to play at the highest professional level possible. The club would benefit from what I would expect to be a seven figure sum.

We can't begrudge anyone that opportunity, especially someone who comes across as a genuine likeable and grounded person and a role model for youngsters.

He's still here for the next two games at least and I hope that we can go on to Wembley and he can help us finish the job.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Well deserved. lets hope he is around to collect the same award next season..
    Unlikely but I am 100% sure we all want that.

Let's just hope if he isn't the significant sum we will get is put to good use!

There will be a big part of Maca wanting to stay.

He's been here for 8 months only, it's been a rip-roaring success and he's had a fantastic time (awards, captaincy, wins, goals)

Didn't LW say there were bids for our players in the window? I like that the club will only talk if an offer meets it's valuation.
    I think this would apply over the summer and I think Maca will be OK if the club tells him he's still a Notts player.

Whether some club or other meets the valuation is a different question. When a player's so far up the scoring charts it usually comes. Success in 2 play-off games would make a big fee and contract offers even more likely

I would love to know the (acceptable and realistic) figure the club have in mind once the season is done and dusted. They must have one, an offer that is just too good to turn down. What that is is anyone's guess?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast