+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hotel or flats behind the kop

The concept is good provided the Kop isn't compromised to suit the prawn (in our case, mushy pea) brigade in their exec/corporate bubble. A nice little earner? Yes please, but not at the expense of the real/true supporter.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    My first (knee-jerk) reaction is spend the money where it counts! On the people that bring the club success, players!
    Hardy and Nolan nearly spent £100k on Noble. A player we signed for nothing a few months later and now can't even make the starting 11.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    My first (knee-jerk) reaction is spend the money where it counts! On the people that bring the club success, players!
    He doesn't have the money to spend on players. A bank will lend him money to build property, with a business plan, they won't lend him money to buy some 30 year old lower league footballers.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    Agree, AH wants promotion this season, he is also planning for the future with extra income for the training ground and players to get us into the championship.
    No he doesn't want promotion this season. This season was to consolidate, so he said..

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    No he doesn't want promotion this season. This season was to consolidate, so he said..
    That was the plan at the start of this season, now we are in contention for promotion he wants it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwacka View Post
    He doesn't have the money to spend on players. A bank will lend him money to build property, with a business plan, they won't lend him money to buy some 30 year old lower league footballers.
    At last a post that is realistic.

Maybe I am misreading the article but I get the impression the Kop and the land behind it will be sold NOT developed by AH! When he says "“We’ll use that money to help fund a new training ground complex, which we’re in negotiations about at the moment." What money? Money from the sale. The article then says "But a new development at Meadow Lane could be even more profitable. Bellway Homes paid £7.35m to Leyton Orient for land in the four corners of the club’s East London ground in 2003.

Mr Hardy said: “I was down at Leyton Orient at the end of last season and they’ve got apartments in the corner overlooking the pitch."

He isn't going to fund a development, he is going to throw it open to the best bid.

Let me just say that I agree with the sale (?) of that piece of scrap land but not at the cost of radically altering the Kop. And anyway isn't it council land?

Why not alter the KOP?

You could knock it down rebuild with a hotel behind and fill in the corners between the DP and JS stands.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwacka View Post
    This is true, but looking at it objectively, would you want to stay in a hotel on Cattle Market Road if you were a visitor to Nottingham? It's a grim walk to town from there and there is nothing nearby.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast