+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Yeovil Sack Darren Way

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    Doubt he'd come here now we are more likely to appoint Darren Way !
    Press conference at two tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post

we've done it twice already this season.
    He sacked HK when he should have stood by him ! we wouldn't be in this mess now !
    I agree. It's become plainly obvoius this season, that we have players who couldn't care less. Abject performance after abject performance. HK appeared to have sussed these players out and formed his bomb squad.

AH was obvoiusly too close to the players and took on board their objections and dismissed the manager.

I believe, had HK had the chance to rebuild during January, we may not have been in this mess.

Quote Originally Posted by apieandpint View Post
    I agree. It's become plainly obvoius this season, that we have players who couldn't care less. Abject performance after abject performance. HK appeared to have sussed these players out and formed his bomb squad.

AH was obvoiusly too close to the players and took on board their objections and dismissed the manager.

I believe, had HK had the chance to rebuild during January, we may not have been in this mess.

I am not convinced that HK would have done any better in the transfer window than NA. In a season full of mysteries I am still mystified by what happened to the desire of the team that played against Lincoln, FGR and Mansfield or was it a case that other teams soon sussed us and adapted to the new line up. Alternatively the footballing Gods, who have decided that we are going down, managed to quickly restore their version of equilibrium.

I know HK's departure was another mystery (as was his appointment) but I seem to remember from reading the comments on here that it followed some abject performances such as 0-0 at home v Oldham. I would doubt, even if all had been well behind the scenes, that Mr Kewell would have made it to the transfer window without being sacked on the strength of more poor performances.

Quote Originally Posted by KintoreMagpie View Post
    I am not convinced that HK would have done any better in the transfer window than NA. In a season full of mysteries I am still mystified by what happened to the desire of the team that played against Lincoln, FGR and Mansfield or was it a case that other teams soon sussed us and adapted to the new line up. Alternatively the footballing Gods, who have decided that we are going down, managed to quickly restore their version of equilibrium.

I know HK's departure was another mystery (as was his appointment) but I seem to remember from reading the comments on here that it followed some abject performances such as 0-0 at home v Oldham. I would doubt, even if all had been well behind the scenes, that Mr Kewell would have made it to the transfer window without being sacked on the strength of more poor performances.
    Abject performances? Try Ardley & 3x as many games as HK

Enter mad dog .....

Quote Originally Posted by McCullochisGod View Post
    Enter mad dog .....
    Returning to Notts or the new appointment at Yeovil?

This:

Kevin Nolan has been out of football since his sacking at Notts County in August.

After almost getting promotion the previous season when only losing out in the play-offs, the former Newcastle captain was sacked after a run of six games without a win at the start of this campaign.

Ironically, Nolan could now be on the brink of inflicting damage on his previous club.

Yeovil Town are looking for a new manager after sacking Darren Way and former Newcastle player Kevin Nolan is one of the favourites to take over.

If Nolan gets the job he is bound to save them ""

Not sure why Nolan would go to Yeovil unless he likes Carl Dickinson more than we could imagine

He said it would have to be the right job and I would presume something without too big of a commute as he moved his family here.

As for Kewell, he was a complete b*llend but by far the best manager we've had this season, why on earth Hardy appointed him when it was clear their personalities would always clash is beyond me. His results were nowhere near bad enough for him to get sacked and if they had carried on there's no doubt that we would be safely mid table now but Hardy was greedy and still expected promotion when he appointed him imo.

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    Not sure why Nolan would go to Yeovil unless he likes Carl Dickinson more than we could imagine

He said it would have to be the right job and I would presume something without too big of a commute as he moved his family here.

As for Kewell, he was a complete b*llend but by far the best manager we've had this season, why on earth Hardy appointed him when it was clear their personalities would always clash is beyond me. His results were nowhere near bad enough for him to get sacked and if they had carried on there's no doubt that we would be safely mid table now but Hardy was greedy and still expected promotion when he appointed him imo.
    Liverpool n Hardly Love in

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Liverpool n Hardly Love in
    I think Jason Turner (our CEO) and his history with Warren Feeney (Kewell's assistant) had a lot to do with it and probably persuaded Hardy to get him in even if Big Al thought they might clash

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast