+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Smith and Icky are confirmed to be leaving.

I hope and pray to whoever is out there, if anyone is at all, a higher power, PLEASE do not let that team get promoted next season. I don't really have anything personal against either player, they have been great for us by and large but that is my gut reaction. Gutting reaction. Bitter to the core reaction.

Money talks and I don't blame them necessarily for that but like I said the other week, imagine battling all season, an emotional rollercoaster, to opt to do it all over again in the exact same division. What a pile of sh1te.

Time to move on and end of the day we haven't stayed in this league with these two previously so lets try new faces. Rather we have people who want to try and play as high as they can rather than those who sacrifice professional competitiveness for some money.

Honestly get it but it doesn't make me any less bitter.

I was joking with a mate saying that they'd got the spine of their team sorted just before a message came through.

TS will get some stick but I know what they were offered by us and I know one would have been set up for life with a point in the contract that wouldn't have broken the wage structure but would have taken the average man 10 years and some to earn.

It comes down to getting what they could when they could.

It could be a good thing for us! Icky, as much as I like him he would be caught short and Smith would start every game and keep us one dimentional.

Moore better start off well or he could be replaced by Warne and Co.

Smudge man, I really didn't think he was that kind of person but whatever.

Icky will absolutely crumble playing in front of that size crowd week in and week out so meh but Smudge. Agree with BOTN. They have played us haven't they.

Calm down everyone! I suspect the club has known about this for a while now and hopefully will be bringing in some superior replacements.
    Personally I'm looking forward to seeing how we play without Smith as a target man. Hopefully we'll have a more mobile and pacey strike force next season.
    Thank you Smudge and Icky for your service. I hope you do well personally at S6 but I don't wish the same for your new club! UTM.

Can we ask for the Shearer shirt back?

Good riddance to both of em.
    Real good eggs they are…….
    Clearly want to play at their level. Take the cash and go away

Oh and Ihiekwe:
    https://youtu.be/g2w5UfkJ1GQ

Oh and Smith - I didn’t contribute to your Shearer shirt. Thank God.
    Beyond fuming.

Quote Originally Posted by MillmoorRon View Post
    Can we ask for the Shearer shirt back?
    I would say sing 'we want our shirt back' next season but that will only be able to happen if the inferior are dealt us in a cup.

By my calculations discounting the first year pros we are starting pre-season training tomorrow with 14 Senior pros 2 of which are goalkeepers. There’s a hell of a lot of work to be done between now and the start of the new season to put a competitive squad together.
    Last edited by a123; 22-06-2022 at 05:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by a123 View Post
    By my calculations discounting the first year pros we are starting pre-season training tomorrow with 14 Senior pros. There’s a hell of a lot of work to be done between now and the start of the new season to put a competitive squad together.
    Supposed to be four coming in tomorrow........🙂🤔

Well that’s spoilt my tea.
    That is a big hit for us, 2 good performers who we will miss. Good luck to them, can’t knock anyone for leaving for a better deal, they have to do what they think is best for themselves and their families. Been good servants for us.
    Thanks for the memories. Hope they do well wherever they go.

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast