+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Andy Weimann

It’s Jordan Hugill in disguise!!! At least he can share a cab with Reach at the end of the season and do one!

I wonder whether the TGH conclusion, which was inevitable, contributed to the Weimann deal ? We have to rely on CC’s input here.
    I will be shouting for him.

I watched a Bristol blog and the guy was gutted that weimann was leaving and someone in the comments said he was his favourite player, it all remains to be seen but 32 isn’t old although we know it depends on fitness levels. I’m hopeful that he will be useful, contribute to goals and assists and be another player for youngsters like Asante to learn from.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    It’s Jordan Hugill in disguise!!! At least he can share a cab with Reach at the end of the season and do one!
    I don’t know - Hugill could not walk and wave his arms at the same time without falling over. Weimann was, don’t know if he still is, quite quick and could move around, and, sometimes, a fox in the box. Current status, no idea though, hopefully Carlos has.

In the summer if had lost Bartley , Mowat and Kipri not many people would have moaned.
    But what a turn around for them , we judged Mowat on his last 6 mths with us but unknown to us he was having injections to play .
    Now he's a relible 7/10 every match like Kipri .
    Without knowing him , he is going to 10x better than the old bloke from Leicester we got last January he was that bad I've forgotten his name .

To be fair to Reach, he had a decent game vs Blackburn - certainly the best I’ve seen him play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hdif2Y-r6VA
    2 seasons ago and some of the best finishing you will ever see to be fair. He was Captain then and he was Captain when we got him on loan. Out of sorts with the new manager. (Certainly no Hugill that's for sure) Even if we got a third of the player he was 2 seasons ago he would be a good loan deal.

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    We’ve signed him on loan until the season’s end. This does not excite me and I am disappointed that Taylor Gardner Hickman has signed ‘permanently’ for Bristol City. I know that Carlos has been making the right calls lately but I just don’t see the logic in the Weimann deal.
    I think the logic is this deal isn't costing us a lot and it's another player in that can cover a couple of positions, it means whilst we get Dike up to speed we don't have to keep flogging BTA if he scores a few goals between now and the end of the season and we stay in the playoff positions he will have done his job, with TGH I never really knew his best position not disciplined enough to play Full back and would have been 5th choice Central midfielder only time will tell if we have made a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Prando View Post
    To be fair to Reach, he had a decent game vs Blackburn - certainly the best I’ve seen him play.

Didn’t go Saturday Prando but good to hear. Reach though for me has been consistently poor. Every one can have a good game and look at Livermore for Watford at the weekend and thought he became a cart horse for us.

Rather take a younger player on loan from the Premier but even then there’s no guarantee. Thought Saramiento had a terrible first touch and for me never a Premier player.

I remember young skilful warriors like Gallagher and Barnes - you could tell they would make it almost immediately.

Didn’t go Saturday Prando but good to hear. Reach though for me has been consistently poor. Every one can have a good game and look at Livermore for Watford at the weekend and thought he became a cart horse for us.

Rather take a younger player on loan from the Premier but even then there’s no guarantee. Thought Saramiento had a terrible first touch and for me never a Premier player.

I remember young skilful warriors like Gallagher and Barnes - you could tell they would make it almost immediately.
    Exactly: “I remember young skilful warriors like Gallagher and Barnes - you could tell they would make it almost immediately”.
    We get a bit romantic over the academy sometimes but the honest truth is that Fellows is one of the only ones who has really impressed with heard looking like another possibility. You can tell quality compared to also rans it hits you in the face.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)