+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sky sports+ next season..

They make it sound like the best thing since sliced bread but really it's just a change to strengthen Sky's strangle hold on our national game and to increase their profits

Get a firestick, watch what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974 View Post
    This might help people that struggle with understanding information.as i know it’s not a great trait for people on here..!.

https://www.skysports.com/football/n...ve-next-season
    I don’t know if that was aimed at me, but it says exactly what I’m unhappy about. Millers on 20 times next season, less than the 40+ I could have watched on player, therefore not an improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaufighter View Post
    I don’t know if that was aimed at me, but it says exactly what I’m unhappy about. Millers on 20 times next season, less than the 40+ I could have watched on player, therefore not an improvement.
    No it wasn’t,I understand your argument/point of view.i was pointing out that it’s there to be read now. but you will get some posters making incorrect comments/remarks about it now and later down line.

FWIW…if they stick to the imperative point that all fixtures effected up till end of January will know before the season.starts will be a key issue for me.

Some of the first world problems with this new package are hilarious.

Lots of football, on TV, as has happened for years, and not expensive.

Sadly now not renewing season ticket because presumably all 20 of our live games (10 at home??) will be moved to suit Sky. Friday nights. Sunday lunch etc etc. Whatever time they decree we jump. 3pm Saturday is the only time I could commit to

Away game could be tough to attend in some instances
    KO dates and times moved after trains booked or ridiculous KO times such as noon in London

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerish View Post
    Sadly now not renewing season ticket because presumably all 20 of our live games (10 at home??) will be moved to suit Sky. Friday nights. Sunday lunch etc etc. Whatever time they decree we jump. 3pm Saturday is the only time I could commit to
    Yes, I assume it will be only 10 home games they show and they won’t all be 3pm Saturday games.

For our home games I expect that the commentary will be done by somebody who needs a map to find the ground

So are Sky paying more money to the EFL and is our (Tony,s) slice bigger.
    They are being given more access to televise our National game and attendances could be affected so compensation is appropriate here

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Erased View Post
    Frustrating as Ifollow has been a useful thing.

This Sky service is nearly every game but I can't imagine that £935mil being shared out equally amongst the club's.
    CE, the present deal is as follows; Championship clubs get 80%. L1 get 12% and L2 get 8%, this is of all monies received from Sky.

What will happen now could be anyones guess...............

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast