+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Promotion or the nearly men!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Anya was quite lively first half, and was Johnny On the spot defensively a few times as well

Vydra I just don't get

But Blackman I actually feel sorry for. When he went off I actually thought to myself 'good riddance', BUT Nugent was no better, and the reason was SERVICE from midfield, the whole of midfield (and the much-praised attacking wingbacks) seemed scared to fail, preferring to turn and turn again rather than lamping the ball into the danger zone. This MUST be how they are being coached, and even my limited understanding of the game tells me that if the ball is in the danger zone there is at least a dog's chance of it ending in the net, and if it isn't there isn't. Maybe I'm stuck in a world of 2-3-5 but better that that passing across and back for three minutes then getting pressured into hoofing the ball out of play.

So I don't know how anyone can judge Blackman (or Nugent)

Our ONLY chance of getting into the playoffs is an on-form and uninjured Ince playing every bloody game. Once in the playoffs it really is a lottery, I'll take us playing bad and winning thanks!
    2-3-5...ah, those were the days. You knew where you were with 2-3-5...and shirts numbered 1-11. Sent me all nostalgic now.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    2-3-5...ah, those were the days. You knew where you were with 2-3-5...and shirts numbered 1-11. Sent me all nostalgic now.
    Yeah proper footy with no names or logos on shirts just numbers, everyone had black footy boots (except Hinton who had white ones to match his handbag) and no vests and gloves! It won't be long before the players start wearing scarves and hoodies with a hip flask in the pocket!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Vydra I just don't get
    Me too, how that guy has ever got a shot on target is beyond me, never mind be the force he was at Watford and a Czech international. He seems to spend the whole game floating around in dead mans land with no interest in getting himself in anywhere near a useful position. I'm sorry, for both him and Blackman I have the same issue - it's all very well grumbling that they don't get the service but you have to actually be in the box to be on the end of it. Christie and Anya actually did put stuff in the box last night - but neither Vydra nor Blackman were anywhere near it when it happened (one exception being the Blackman header in the first half).

We will get promotion before you lot

Quote Originally Posted by es***red52 View Post
    You might be right...from League One.

Quote Originally Posted by es***red52 View Post
    I'd bet on it and I'm serious

We've been farting around for 4 seasons now, player after player after player coming through the door, and not just any old players, players that have actually been promotion winning players, Anya, Nugent, Vydra, Johnson etc, and they've actually been important players in those promotion winning sides... we've signed them and gotten f*** all out of them, and in Vydra's case turned him into the most disinterested footballer in the league,, Johnson looks no where near the player he was at Norwich, to the point of some Norwich fans saying "WTF have Derby done to our Bradley?"...

We're a stagnant, bunch of spineless losers, we have no idea what style to play, no idea of who to buy (so just buy all the good players, but then stick them in systems that don't suit them), no idea what manager we want (sack one a season ffs), no idea what to do to get up.

Forest will go up before us.

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    I'd bet on it and I'm serious

We've been farting around for 4 seasons now, player after player after player coming through the door, and not just any old players, players that have actually been promotion winning players, Anya, Nugent, Vydra, Johnson etc, and they've actually been important players in those promotion winning sides... we've signed them and gotten f*** all out of them, and in Vydra's case turned him into the most disinterested footballer in the league,, Johnson looks no where near the player he was at Norwich, to the point of some Norwich fans saying "WTF have Derby done to our Bradley?"...

We're a stagnant, bunch of spineless losers, we have no idea what style to play, no idea of who to buy (so just buy all the good players, but then stick them in systems that don't suit them), no idea what manager we want (sack one a season ffs), no idea what to do to get up.

Forest will go up before us.
    What is it you really want? We've been the nearly men for a long time...agreed. Some of the signings have been puzzling and some of the performances frustrating...agreed. Mistakes have been made along the way and there's been plenty of disappointment since McClaren first took over in 2013...agreed.
    On the plus side, since McClaren returned - and no...I didn't want him back - we've taken 39 out of a possible 57 points, beaten a very decent Premiership side in the FA Cup and drawn with the Champions before eventually going out in a fairly meaningless reserves encounter. We won our last league away match 3-0 at never easy to go to Ipswich, but even that had you 'spitting bile' because we didn't score six!
    So, I repeat, apart from a miraculous quick fix and a 100% win ratio between now and the end of the season, what is it you really want and what are your repeated references to us being 'spineless' meant to achieve?
    Last edited by ramAnag; 10-02-2017 at 09:43 AM.

I dont know about you Mangara, but I dont give a tinkers cuss what she wants. The ignore / block button does all I need except when the likes of you quote her / him (lets not be presumptive here). Some people are born to be listened to, others are not. DCFCA is clearly in the latter camp as an emotional cripple with mood swings seemingly wholly linked to the Rams performance on the field. The rest of us, I imagine, have a life.

Please dont quote if you must respond - let me sustain the DCFCA anonymity!

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    I dont know about you Mangara, but I dont give a tinkers cuss what she wants. The ignore / block button does all I need except when the likes of you quote her / him (lets not be presumptive here). Some people are born to be listened to, others are not. DCFCA is clearly in the latter camp as an emotional cripple with mood swings seemingly wholly linked to the Rams performance on the field. The rest of us, I imagine, have a life.

Please dont quote if you must respond - let me sustain the DCFCA anonymity!
    Oh God...have I got to say sorry again? I don't actually get the point of the ignore button...just don't read what you don't want to. Getting rid of the 'like' button and installing the 'ignore' facility was one of the worst mistakes whoever runs this board made last summer imo.
    Bring back 'like' and if you want to ignore someone just...you know...ignore them. Not hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    Although Nigel Clough did a decent job for us with the Yanks on a limited money pot, I thought the introduction of Mel and a different manager to push us forward would have us in the Prem within a couple of years. Looks like nothing has really changed.

Good crowds, mediocre players, can't seem to grasp how to push up out of our own half, no leader and when the going gets tough we bottle it!

Was getting rid of Pearson the right thing to do? Has Mac coming back going to take this club forward?

I feel like we're on a slow burner again, look at the money spent on Blackman, Vydra, Anya, Butterfield, Nugent and Johnson and do you think we could we recuperate half of we spent on them? Although I think Vydra would be great playing for someone else we don't seem to be able to accommodate him!

Here's hoping for 9 points out the next 3 home games to give us that push and belief!

Personally I still think we'll be in a similar position to this in 2020!
    I would agree, i think the error, looking at Swansea was getting rid of Clement, we pushed the button far too soon with him and now reap the effects of that decision - Pearson for me was going nowhere and McClaren is far too erratic in his tactics and team selection - I actually don't see is getting top 6 this year, teams have spent serious money and improved whilst we maintain that role as the nearly club, not expecting promotion anytime soon and think Mel will tire of spending millions and not getting anywhere.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)