+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: rafa no leadership no ambition no idea

Rafa is the best manager we've had under Ashley.

Quote Originally Posted by toonviking View Post
    Rafa is the best manager we've had under Ashley.
    That remains to be seen on the pitch in the premier league over a season or two.
    It's the best professional set up we've had under Ashley, most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephy View Post
    It does seem odd to me that a manager who has always been feted for his tactical nous sticks so rigidly to one formation. I mean, if it worked like old versions of Championship Manager where you could find a killer formation that dominated everyone else that'd be one thing... but in the real world most top managers adapt their formation to suit the situation the team finds itself in. I still think sticking with Rafa is by far the best option available to us though - I dread to see who we end up with if he leaves.
    a positive manager

i seriously dont see this rafa love in .what has he done exceptionally that anyone else wouldnt or couldnt have done

he took a job to keep us up and failed ,and he took a huge wage doing it

he then took us up very un impressivly compared to when chrs brought us up ,boring footy ,negative tacticks but we got the job done
    as any one and evryone expected but not as as impressive as we did the time before .certainy not the entertainers

and here we are in the prem 3 games in and out the cup .no points and in disarray

playing boring footy
    didnt have the nouce to out play an average fizzy team
    didnt have the tactics to play more than one up front

the huddesrfield manager has achieved way more in the way of progression management and learning than rafa has

by the way, why shouldn't we lose to a championship side ... everybody keeps saying we only have a championship level team.

If we had won last night PBoro still would have found a negative angle.

It's quite obvious that he doesn't like Rafa.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie_Exile_De View Post
    If we had won last night PBoro still would have found a negative angle.

It's quite obvious that he doesn't like Rafa.
    It would of been we didn't score enough goals.

Nothing Rafa could do, will or would be good enough.

Still think Rafa should change his attacking options now and again, other teams know his game plan and set up their teams accordingly. Having said that, I certainly wouldn't want him gone, who would you replace him with ?
    Still have faith we will come good under him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    It would of been we didn't score enough goals.

Nothing Rafa could do, will or would be good enough.
    i predicted a win
    i expected a win

i have said i dont mind loosing
    what i do mind is his negative footy

he makes me negative

if we had gone down 6-2 and shased the game with 2 forwards i would have been happier

but we didnt

we went out on a wimper

we slated pardew for his negativity and showing no love for the cup as everyone said ash didnt want a cup run so he dint have to buy players etc etc
    and concentrate on the league

despite what bullsh1t3 he spouts about the owner
    he is no different to pardew

negative footy
    no plan B
    no improvement from players

Quote Originally Posted by toonlegend View Post
    by the way, why shouldn't we lose to a championship side ... everybody keeps saying we only have a championship level team.
    You are correct, we have no divine right to win any game.
    However, we do have a right to expect Rafa to set the team out to have a real go at these teams that are near on par with us, rather than sit back and afford them the spoils of the chances at the target.

Quote Originally Posted by Cannylad View Post
    Still think Rafa should change his attacking options now and again, other teams know his game plan and set up their teams accordingly. Having said that, I certainly wouldn't want him gone, who would you replace him with ?
    Still have faith we will come good under him.
    I agree about his changing up of tactics and I don't exactly want him gone, but we all soon will if he doesn't stop the negative tactics.
    I'm not asking for gung ho football but I am asking for entertainment from our team rather than the opposition fans gaining that enjoyment.
    A nice balance would be good.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)