+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Maybe just a wake up call

Fred I see this from 2 different angles, in 1 way, we leeds fans should all be disappointed, peeved off, angry, whatever the case, about losing a match, especially against the welsh, and against a club with a few X lufc staff in it, but then the other angle, is looking at this from a whole season so far perspective, we are still in 2nd, still have the best goal difference in the league, and our losses have come against 2 bogey sides, theres still 3 quarters of the season to go, we wont lose promotion coz of 2 losses

Check out where dozey monk is right now, im glad he left 2bh!

I think we have a good squad this season which will only get better as the games go by. Went to ER on Saturday and felt that we ,made a lot of our own problems by mucking about at the back passing the ball between defenders and goalkeeper time and again. Tonight we were comfortable until we became casual at the back and lost possession resulting in a speed attack and a goal. We were the better footballing side but our team selection handed them a boost. Still think we will be there at the end of the season but slack performances like tonight have to become rare and not the norm.

Quote Originally Posted by fredlufc74 View Post
    Really, A wake up call??

60% win ratio and we have lost 2 games where we always struggle.

Perhaps we are getting ahead of ourselves. Plus you just can't squarely place the blame of the goals on the keeper.

We seem to lose a game and oh my God everything is wrong. We have played the best football we have in an age. Check out some of the other results this season and like always you will find that anyone can beat any team on its day in this league.
    Agree 2 teams we seem to struggle with over the years,but we are not doing to bad, It not going to be an easy ride for any team to get promotion

Always leaves a bitter taste in my mouth getting turned over by those taff tarts! As said on another thread we were beaten by a better team......on the day. No excuses or panic, it's the whole race, we will stumble on some hurdles but I believe we have a good a team as any other club.....better squad then most, but that means nothing down here. We can be judge and jury come May. Let's see how he gets them performing this Saturday. These two defeats agains clubs who's fans detest us are a good eye opener for our new recruits, they will and should have learnt a little more what this division is all about. Rock and roll!

Quote Originally Posted by CLIVETHELEEDSFAN View Post
    then youre criticizing TC for picking him, or Orta and Radrizzani for buying him, or for not keeping Green, or not playing lonergan instead of wiedwald.

ive never been comfortable with cooper, but most of his games this season have been much improved. anyway, jansson pennington and Shaughnessy, maybe even ayling, will be vying for the 2 CB places next match
    He's not the only one criticising the decision to acquire and play Wiedwald. The guy flaps, was incapable of doing anything but flap and was at least partly to blame for the second and completely responsible for the third goal, which Green most certainly would have stopped.

Had we been 2 down and Hernandez scored, we might just have stood a chance of coming away with something.

Cooper, I have no idea what was in his head, for any challenge he made, carded or not, was a bonkers display from a guy who has kept the armband well so far, hopefully not a sign of regression to the equally bonkers displays of last season.

As for wake-up calls, we need them, really? We (the fans) know what we face when we play Millwall, and Cardiff were always going to be the same, given their current manager (and we know what some of their players are capable of, don't we?). The selection made no sense, almost guaranteeing that we would start on the back foot, and stay there.

Sunday is quite important, hopefully some lessons learned and suitable actions taken.

Some teams traditionally deliver 'hard' against us season in and season out .............

........ but I stated against Ipswich sometimes you just throw caution to the wind in games and what'll be will be.

For me against Cardiff maybe we should have 'parked the bus' from the off and waited for the goal that we are always capable of getting away nowadays.Myself and 3,000 others would have settled for that for sure.

Ps Our old friend Roseylee reminded me that the Championship is a marathon not a sprint - so I'll take our position in the Leauge as it is and will enjoy the race !

Seems many have the same conclusion after last night.....keeper panics us and flaps, doesn't control the box, lonergan would be my preference, and why oh why was lassoga and saiz left out, plus Hernandez is a luxury we can't carry, at elland road Saturday people slated anita, the poor guy got no help from lazy Hernandez who didn't track back to help the poor guy.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    He's not the only one criticising the decision to acquire and play Wiedwald. The guy flaps, was incapable of doing anything but flap and was at least partly to blame for the second and completely responsible for the third goal, which Green most certainly would have stopped.

Had we been 2 down and Hernandez scored, we might just have stood a chance of coming away with something.

Cooper, I have no idea what was in his head, for any challenge he made, carded or not, was a bonkers display from a guy who has kept the armband well so far, hopefully not a sign of regression to the equally bonkers displays of last season.

As for wake-up calls, we need them, really? We (the fans) know what we face when we play Millwall, and Cardiff were always going to be the same, given their current manager (and we know what some of their players are capable of, don't we?). The selection made no sense, almost guaranteeing that we would start on the back foot, and stay there.

Sunday is quite important, hopefully some lessons learned and suitable actions taken.

Thanks for your report. Appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    Thanks for your report. Appreciated.
    I thought you'd like that. Please pass on my regards to Jimmy and BB.

TC got to take responsibility for last night, he learned nothing from Milwall, team selection was going to fail from the off, this was never going to be one for lightweights like Hernandez, Alioski, Roofe and as it turns out Klich. This was the one for Lasogga up front (or Grot) and Viera in midfield, players who can get stuck in and put themselves about a bit. Once again Warnock has been the better tactical manager; watching Bamba waltz through our midfield unchallenged sums it all up. Learn (quickly) and move on.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)