+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 'Well in the red again

re: 'Well in the red again

There was an agreement to alter the distribution of the SPL's commercial pot that included a substantial reduction in the prize money allocated to the runner up position but the club's bonus deal with the football staff did not mirror that change.

-- Why was it not changed? The bonus contract would have be agreed on the previous prize money allotment. With prize money changing, the original bonus agreement would no longer stand on the new prize money values surely?

The early cup exits proved to be costly. Although we had a share of the gate at Ibrox from the league Cup tie, the cut Aberdeen received from our home Scottish Cup clash was made on the basis that all spectators paid at the gate regardless that season tickets were valid. This benefit to season ticket holders appears to be under threat.

-- The cups should only ever be considered extra income to the league and should not be banked on progression... even by the first round. By doing so you are effectively

Quote Originally Posted by wellin
    Ah, your back are you. I see the two player's that were caught with a follow through and an accidental elbow are going to be fit for your next game. Big hutchie maybe never threw the hammer hard enough, eh. Away and stop greetin like a shower of big lassies, its a mans game ffs.
    Clueless clown...playing in the next game?
    Ryan Jack is out for two months with damage to the tissue of his hip in two places.
    Hutchinson is a proven hammer thrower as his laughable disciplinary record proves

Not paying for the first cup-tie, and no season ticket increase for 3 years ... sensible or what?

Gie's peace and get back to humpin yer wee sister ...

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins
    Ah, your back are you. I see the two player's that were caught with a follow through and an accidental elbow are going to be fit for your next game. Big hutchie maybe never threw the hammer hard enough, eh. Away and stop greetin like a shower of big lassies, its a mans game ffs.
    Clueless clown...playing in the next game?
    Ryan Jack is out for two months with damage to the tissue of his hip in two places.
    Hutchinson is a proven hammer thrower as his laughable disciplinary record proves[/quote]

Dry yer eyes ffs. It's a man's game, therefore sometimes you'll see some heavy or even nasty challenges. Ie. yer man Neil Simpson who done Ian Durrant all those years ago which Aberdeen fans still celebrate to this day. If you can't handle opposition players putting in solid tackles during a match then I suggest you start following another sport.

Well if he's out for two months that's contrary to what was reported today. Anyway, i suggest you go and kiss it better for him. With all the greetin you lot are doing i think you should take up tiddly winks. Injuries are part and parcel of football. Now go away and get over yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins
    Hutchinson is a proven hammer thrower as his laughable disciplinary record proves
    And what of the chest high challenge that resulted in your very late equaliser ? Pot kettle black - now go back to mutton rimming

Go on lads...you tell this mutton molesting tosspot.

I can't believe a subject and post as serious as this has turned into a slanging match about a tackle.

Our finances are dire, and we are in real danger of ending up in administration sometime in the next few years unless it changes.

I don't think it will change, and as suggested in a previous post, I think we may end up part time, or even out the game,

it just shows the club cant trust the louder people amongst our support.

remember all the great claims of fans returning when we stood strong and ensured justice was done with rangers.

how all these stay away fans were gonna come out of the woodwork and come to games.

sure looks like that was a pile of twaddle.

Despite probably the best few years in decades our crowds are falling to around 4k or less.
    I would imagine that came as a surprise to the board.
    and of course we were all up in arms wanting players brought in over the summer to continue the quest to finish second/top six.

as fans we gotta take some of the blame for wanting too much from our club while we know how low our core support is.

So maybe it is soon gonna be time to be realistic and expect to finish a bit lower in the league with a poorer quality of player to watch as , put simply, its all we can afford.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)