+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FA lost the plot?

re: FA lost the plot?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB
    Just to add that what's the point of doing all this anyway when they have players like Nick Powell not being given a chance OR even being on the bench. I read that two 18 year old's scored for ManU last week. Forgot thes but why them and not NP?

Mind you, I did watch NP playing against Blackpool on the FL show and God, his shooting has gone down hill..

Maybe he has gone to seed a bit by all the hype and being sidelined?
    I wouldn't judge Nick on a couple of clips on the FL Show, Mike (though they were wild shots!).
    He needed the games, so he went to Wigan. Rosler sees him mainly as a forward, but he went to Man Utd supposedly as a midfielder. He was out for six weeks with a hamstring injury, and hasn't really picked up his game from where he left off - which most observers agreed was very good, for him and Wigan.
    There's still plenty of time for him to come through. He missed nearly all the pre-season at United last summer. T

That's the problem even when a player like NP comes along they still get sidelined. It makes a mockery of the whole system and then the likes of Dyke come along and say there are no decent English players, so use the football league to try and reverse the situation. The answer lies with the premiership if they wanted they could change the situation, but they don't want to so why should the football league care.

I guess it all comes down to power and influence. The FA (and Dyke and his Committee) have very little power and influence over the PL, but can exercise more over the Football League and the pyramid below it, which rely more on any money that they can generate.

The FA has a role to promote the England team in its various age groups and wants them to improve; Dyke has said as much regarding winning the World Cup in 2022 - stop laughing!! The PL really don't care about the England team, much less the age group teams and yet they are central to their success. I am not saying Dyke is right, but he is more right than Scudamore.

The whole idea is farcical. If we want more young players with better technique and skills then invest in more highly trained coaches, better pitches and take international youth football seriously
    Just cannot see how Chelsea 'b' vs Rochdale would help the national side

Quote Originally Posted by OgerAlex
    Just cannot see how Chelsea 'b' vs Rochdale would help the national side

They appear to think that because Spain do it, and they are now World and European champs, that must be the reason!
    Naive in the extreme.
    Dario must be doing his nut sat amongst those drongos!!

At least they are talking sensibly about it however whatever the final decision and preferred set up it will take years to see any benefit for the progression of players as long as the big clubs continue to buy up the best of the crop and loan them out, as with NP amongst others

Statement from Football League Chief Executive Shaun Harvey

The Football League has issued the following statement regarding the report published today by the FA Chairmana??s England Commission.

Football League Chief Executive, Shaun Harvey, said: a??From its outset, The Football League has engaged with the FA Chairmana??s England Commission and encouraged our clubs to do the same. The League Board met informally with Greg Dyke yesterday, to listen to and question him on the rationale behind the proposals he has put forward for discussion by the wider game and to consider the potential effect they would have on our competition and clubs.

a??The Board considered the matter further at its meeting earlier t

When the flags started disappearing from the center line I knew there was something in the works.

I read that the B teams would be able to go no higher than league 1.

My concern is that in 5-10 years after it is implemented, these B teams with there larger financial abilities and reach to get the best youngsters will all be in League 1. That means teams like ourselves who struggle to maintain our league 1 status are likely to be pushed down the leagues.

This again may mean more financial strain for us and also means we are less likely to play any bigger cubs like Wolves, which again help bring in alot more revenue.
    Before it was the Championship for us which was the best league we could realistically get into. Now I would argue it is league 1 due to the money now in the Championship (look at poor Yeovil). If this plan comes in we maybe saying that League 1 is impossible for us to get into and we are all now fighting for League 2 or Conference.

Quote Originally Posted by crewebacca
    When the flags started disappearing from the center line I knew there was something in the works.

I fail to see how the plans will improve the England team and I'm sure they will have a negative impact on clubs in the lower leagues. So the Premier League teams win again and a domestic structure that is the envy of the world is sacrificed in the hope that England might get past the QF stage of a World Cup. Madness.

Just improve the coaching!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast