+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Well society members

re: Well society members

See our communication strategy appears to be via the Daily Mail to confirm missing the first repayment to Les Hutchison.Perhaps as I have said before removing thes of what we believed to be fully paid up members as per article 7 of the rules was a bit of an own goal that has left many members feeling that Les's mantra of 'giving the Club a hand up and not a hand out' applies only if you own a controlling interest in the Club.I have no intention of paying direct debits for the 5 full and 1 junior membership I paid for in full as I now consider these simply as 'handouts' with the last benefit of your appearing on the web page withdrawn.Strange customer service strategy going forward for a community club but suppose its up to individuals to assess the situation and either open or in my case close the chequebook in response.

I think there's plenty of scope to improve the Society's communication but the decision to publicise members's is neither here nor there in the great scheme of things. Some members don't like theirs being publicised. Not everyone likes regular direct debit payments either.

Thes were published as per article 7 of the rules and I dont recall any issue about this but a simple 'name witheld' would satisfy this issue.360 people have signed up for direct debit.....how many new members to add to existing fully paid members in excess of 1000.Correct answer is of course who knows! Do we now assume the new strategy demands a minimum income of £240 k per year for next five years in addition to the figure in excess of £500k already raised? Who knows?Think were back to 360 of a 2000 target and any dream of fan ownership a long way off as the core membership has lost faith in any of the proposed strategies.I still feel that the Society needs to generate its own income over the 5 years to have any chance of success.

Fair enough. Yes, the Society needs to do much more to raise funds, outwith membership appeals. Try everything and anything. Still don't see whats wrong with an old fashioned bucket collection now and again for example. If lack of member involvement is an issue, and I suspect it is, then tell us loud and clear.

I got phone call from well society on thurs night but was at work only asked for me even though my wife and son are also members but no idea what it was about

Press coverage has highlighted Les repayments interest free, our first default of a possible three and the need to go in a different direction if 2 further payment s are missed in the next year.Given that 360 members at a tenner would only pay back 22k is the default in 6 months avoidable.2000 members now would only generate £120k so lets see the default figures from the Society as cant believe we didnt have a reserve to meet a default to Les this early.

How many payments are we supposed to be making in a year?

I know folk hate to hear it but the society model is never going to work. Fans realise that all it basically is giving the club more money annually over and above their season ticket for hee haw other than keep our premier league status. Frankly most fans are not going to fork out additional cash just to be middle of the road dross and certainly not year after year. We wi2ll ultimately need to accept that we can only operate on the money that comes in and that will see us either part time or lower league operators or both.

U think we should be targeting businesses as we do great things in the community so maybe the business community could give something back

Once I'd finished my Bayview Bovril I counted the number of advertising boards around the pitch. There were at least 70. They will be getting a lot less income per board in their league obviously, but I wish that the Motherwell business / industrial community would rally round a bit more. I have no doubt whatever that the club will have explored the possibilities at some length, but to no avail. I know that times are hard, but why, for example, Tata isn't more closely involved financially with a football club known as the Steelmen puzzles me. Even in better times the bigger businesses in the town weren't keen to come forward.
    As I say, I've no doubt that the club are trying to arouse interest, but they're clearly finding it hard.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)