+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: O/T Happy

Plus bank holidays for St David, Patrick and Andrew Tony.

Businesses will not like that, plus not sure why we should get bank holidays for the other 3 in England anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by rileyev.the.third View Post
    Plus bank holidays for St David, Patrick and Andrew Tony.

Businesses will not like that, plus not sure why we should get bank holidays for the other 3 in England anyway.
    Plenty of businesses would welcome it.

They'll always be an England. Just wish the powers that be give England back to the English. One religion, our religion. Our ways.

It's a shame many of our British industrial icons and most utilities are owned by overseas companies.

I was extremely proud to work for British Steel....and that was a watered down version of 'English Steel'....and the older foke within the company wore their 'English Steel' hard hats as a sign of superiority.

The British people bought and paid for - worked within and developed some of the world's best technology.

A group of nerd British Civil Servants developed the first satalite that's still in orbit apparently yet the unit was desolved and the breakthrough lost to history....and the billions in revenue.

We're probably the most innovative country in the world....but boy have we exploited the world. If we were not as corrupt this country would be paved with gold.

Well with everything being by luck, chance and with everyone in the world being the same race patriotism is something I find a little strange for the reason because it often goes a bit OTT and in some cases well OTT. I love this country, such a beautiful place and some great people. Will that do? But over everything I'm happy being a tiny part of this amazing universe.

lbj hits the nail on the head. This country has a lot of innocent blood on it's hands, all around the world and it's all still happening. Poverty on the rise here, food banks and people dying because of policies. With the all technology around these days everyone could be living in a golden age, with corruption being the main thing holding everything back. If only there was more empathy, should come eventually as evolution continues as one thing is for sure we ain't living sustainably and we always learn the hard way.

Oh and I've nowt against having days celebrating culture ect..

Happy St Georges Day.

Poverty on the rise?? Really?

The bar to measure poverty keeps being raised in this country.

There's real poverty in the world.

Don't belittle the true meaning of the word.

Quote Originally Posted by howdydoo View Post
    Poverty on the rise?? Really?

The bar to measure poverty keeps being raised in this country.

There's real poverty in the world.

Don't belittle the true meaning of the word.
    Poverty is and always has been relative Howdy. Do kids in the UK have to rummage on rubbish tips for food in this country? No. Are there kids who go hungry, rely on charity to feed them? Of course, and far too many. Many adults have made poor decisions which leave them in the situation they are in but children going hungry in as rich a country in which we live is unacceptable.

I'm not proud to be English but I'm not ashamed either.

Quote Originally Posted by tony260674 View Post
    Poverty is and always has been relative Howdy. Do kids in the UK have to rummage on rubbish tips for food in this country? No. Are there kids who go hungry, rely on charity to feed them? Of course, and far too many. Many adults have made poor decisions which leave them in the situation they are in but children going hungry in as rich a country in which we live is unacceptable.
    Where are these kids who are going hungry in this country? If they exist, put their lowlife parents in prison to stop them breeding and provide these kids a new start.

Especially the really young kids who have not been 'conditioned' to continue the cycle.

Let charities feed them? Why? Change the system and give local communities more power. Why do you want to be donating £1 to a charity so 35p (if you're lucky) of it get's through to help someone.

Improve services and stop being namby pamby with scum and lowlife. It's alright being sympathetic but one day these kids 'you' want to help will be kicking your head in and nicking your pension.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast