+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Roll Call Of Missing Posters.

Who was the one who became a farmer in Thailand and used to entertain us with his stories of wellies full of snakes and the like?

Quote Originally Posted by holmleighchris View Post
    Who was the one who became a farmer in Thailand and used to entertain us with his stories of wellies full of snakes and the like?
    Wasthat the same guy who moved from Germany? Changed from something like Germanbaggie to Thaibaggie ?

Quote Originally Posted by SCOOP115 View Post
    Wasthat the same guy who moved from Germany? Changed from something like Germanbaggie to Thaibaggie ?
    I think you're right Scoop. My memory ain't what it was.
    Now who was that over rated player we had who just happened to score the winner in the 68 Cup Final?

Quote Originally Posted by splinter View Post
    And who could forget Bogroll.
    That was BB et.al in my first post on the thread, I haven't forgotten him at all.

To be honest I thought he came out with some bloody good posts.

Another for the roll call is Baggie66 who has been posting on wbaunofficial for some time.

Those posters left because this message board went downhill. Too much infightng and so many adverts - hence why we all switched over to a secret baggies forum/messageboard. One without so many ads and ridiculous amount of arguing and racism.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    So many great posters who used to add quality posts and banter.

Feel free to add your own missing favourites or an update if you know any of the ones mentioned and that they are okay or not maybe?

Stroller

ThaiBaggie

BedfordBaggie

MK Baggie

YarmouthBaggie

DonnyValdo

NorthamptonBaggie

Batty

BaggieBoyGeoff

Birmingham48

Boinger

ArdBaggie

1DartBaggie

WordsleyBaggie ( I see Stuart at Stourbridge matches )

BrockmoorBaggie ( My good mate and travel partner to Stour away matches )

ES Baggie

Troctova - What a smart cookie he was.

I hope all are well,much missed though as are many others.
    Thanks for the mention, Mick. It's good to see you posting again.

Since my lad came along I don't really get the chance to spend as much time on the board as I once did. I still manage the site but leave the moderation to Des and Chris now.

I still see loads of the posters mentioned above. They haven't aged well

The evolution of social media has also had a significant impact on the board and the number of posters it attracts. When the board was at it's peak we used to attract millions of page impressions annually. It's nowhere near that number now, unfortunately.

I have been pushing the network owners to develop a mobile app that would send push notifications every time a thread you had started/contributed was updated. But it has fallen on deaf ears.

There will come a time when the board will no longer be financially viable to sustain. Hopefully it's not for a few years yet.

Quote Originally Posted by DonnyValdo View Post
    The evolution of social media has also had a significant impact on the board and the number of posters it attracts. When the board was at it's peak we used to attract millions of page impressions annually. It's nowhere near that number now, unfortunately.

I have been pushing the network owners to develop a mobile app that would send push notifications every time a thread you had started/contributed was updated. But it has fallen on deaf ears.

There will come a time when the board will no longer be financially viable to sustain. Hopefully it's not for a few years yet.
    Des and Chris will be compost by then Iain so it won't really matter!

Hello Iain, nice to see that you still post on here too ☺.

Just remembered another former posfer, Jakata.

The Glory of Shorey

Ampadu

Exmouth something

***y Baggie (could be way out of order at times).

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)