+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ross fitzsimmons

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Have we seen him pre season or is he a newb???
    A friend of mine is a Bolton fan and I was just talking to him about the chap... he was very surprised he never got a decent run in the team and said hes a cracking shot stopper and decent under the high ball and still only 23... that's about it gumpy sir...

So erm... When are we making the wow signings? Or spending the money we were supposedly willing to spend on Noble?

(Not to be negative towards this signing specifically, I actually think Adam Collin is perfectly good enough for this level and don't see the need to bring in a better keeper than him or spend a lot on a backup)

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    So erm... When are we making the wow signings? Or spending the money we were supposedly willing to spend on Noble?
    We are a league 2 club that just escaped from relegation 3 months ago, it's all relative.

It sounds like a group of supporters are waiting already to turn on AH and KN given the chance,

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    We are a league 2 club that just escaped from relegation 3 months ago.
    This hasn't been posted for at least 24 hours. Thanks for the update as I'd nearly forgotten.

(Not to be negative towards this signing specifically, I actually think Adam Collin is perfectly good enough for this level and don't see the need to bring in a better keeper than him or spend a lot on a backup)
    To be honest Freeman Mansfield made quite a few wow signings and got hammered by Florist the other day.... we showed plenty against Forest and Wigan to make me quietly confident coming into the new season, of course it would be great to have a big signing before next weekend but I trust in KN that he knows what is needed now.

We are a league 2 club that just escaped from relegation 3 months ago, it's all relative.

It sounds like a group of supporters are waiting already to turn on AH and KN given the chance,
    I wouldn't expect wow signings if I wasn't told to expect wow signings. And the Liam Noble thing either means that Forest Green were correct in saying we didn't offer as much as we claimed to have done or that we have a wad of cash sitting there while we sign almost complete unknowns that we've had on trial.

I don't think we're far away but we still need at least another GOOD centre back and we desperately need another striker, Alan Smith shouldn't still be spending any time upfront this late in pre season imo.

Who cares if we have money to spend or not, if we have it doesn't mean we have to spend it, I'd rather have a solid squad for league 2. To be honest it doesn't matter what you or I think, ultimately it's down to KN, and if he's happy with what we have then so am I, one things for sure he's more qualified to give an opinion than me or you. I think it's all about man management, and what I've seen so far he's pretty good at it.

I'd like to see a better keeper than him, you build from the back.

one things for sure he's more qualified to give an opinion than me or you.
    Why? I'd put decent money on me having watched more of Haydn Hollis than Kevin Nolan has. Just because someone is the manager doesn't automatically make their opinion right imo. And before the "he gets to watch him in training every day" argument... Karl Hawley was apparently a world beater in training, how they perform on a saturday at 3pm holds a lot more weight in how good a player is to me.

I wouldn't expect wow signings if I wasn't told to expect wow signings. And the Liam Noble thing either means that Forest Green were correct in saying we didn't offer as much as we claimed to have done or that we have a wad of cash sitting there while we sign almost complete unknowns that we've had on trial.

I don't think we're far away but we still need at least another GOOD centre back and we desperately need another striker, Alan Smith shouldn't still be spending any time on a footy pitch, ever again, imo.

This, (with corrections).

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast