+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Team for Colchester

Phewww

The first villa goal was a possible Offside, then foul on the keeper then nearly an Offside again. Apart from that it was fine and actually a good call from the ref. The penalty was Chris samba kicking a player instead of the ball and then pleading with the referee and a good save from Steer.

Strange game. Thor doesn't look too good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by samhubball View Post
    Phewww

The first villa goal was a possible Offside, then foul on the keeper then nearly an Offside again. Apart from that it was fine and actually a good call from the ref. The penalty was Chris samba kicking a player instead of the ball and then pleading with the referee and a good save from Steer.

Strange game. Thor doesn't look too good to me.
    spot on Sam but can I add that Thor looked uninterested because he was made to play left back, he really did not want to play his body language said so, later on he was told to push forward and looked a shade better

Samba looked awful

Hurihane was awful

O'Hare was a bright spark

Hogan looked a threat

But i'm afraid RHM and Davis need to go on loan, they do not offer us anything up front in terms of a threat. You have to ask, are these two guys really better than maccormack? er No.

Over all, I thought Colchester played very well, they deserved a draw, we took our luck and are through, at the end of the day that's all that matters on a night where the ref could easily have called the game off, it was a dangerous pitch with some very late tackles!!
    Last edited by TrianonDave; 09-08-2017 at 09:03 PM.

1. Chris Samba was ponderous

2. Bjarnason shouldn't play at wing back

3. Green was nowhere near my expectations

4. Steer’s display was ( to quote Mr Kipling ) "exceedingly good"

5. O'Hare What a prospect – Touch Technique Tenacity & Commitment, apart from that “he was absolute pants” you'll gather I was suitably impressed by this lad !

Over all relieved to have overcome Colchester United who may I add were tough opposition

A win!
    first for 2017 and without Gabby scoring

Thor is a decent player, but he's not a left back.

Agree with TD about McCormack. Bruce needs to get over himself, you made the lad look like an ass and he defended himself. Now Bruce looks like the ass. Difference between him and Fergie besides success is when Fergs threw the hair dryer he already had the lads respect and the player responded so they could laugh about it, Bruce's "hair dryer" gave the player no way to come back and as there was no respect yet, it was always going to go down hill.

I heard Green was terrible tonight.

Meanwhile I saw ratings of 9/10 go to Steer, Onomah and O Hare.

It's funny because after the opening league game I felt Andre green made the real difference (should have won it too). I guess this is what you get from youth - inconsistencies. But I'd rather have an inconsistent Green than an ego maniac Mccormack.

Let Sunderland have him on loan with the agreement being "if he scores 10 goals you buy him for £8m"

I like Hourihane. I don't know what it is about him but I feel of we gave him 30+ starts he would return us goals and assists and show his true class

Trouble is the players have no confidence as no one knows what team or formation Bruce is going to pick next?
    It's a bit like being at school 20 lads line up and the so called captains pick a player oe by one.

I will have gabby first

I will have Kodija

And so on

Then when his got his 11, he thinks what formation he will play!!

We will not look like a proper unit while Bruce treats the season like a pre season!!

Pick your best 11 keep faith with 442 and stay with it for at least 6 games! ! Simples.

Well we stumbled over the line there eh ..

Guess it's a win n we're still in cup so that's a positive !

Apparently we have very good odds on drawing SHA later?

what we learned last night... steer is a good keeper, big monsters look ponderous in extreme wet weather, thor maybe a viking but he's no footballer, onamah is a great player but drifts out of games which is probably why we've got him, k davis is not the answer to any striker problems, neither is hepdon murphy, o'hare shows promise... thats about it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)