+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Megson,5 incoming?

I am a bit concerned for your welfare viking, as you sound very down.

How about this for something to look forward to for you.

Would it cheer you up if I suggested to the wba supporters club that we dress up as vikings for the last away game at palace?

By then, if we are relegated (odin forbid) you could spend your winnings on a deposit for that expensive longship and make even more money from our relegation and charge us mere mortals to go down south on the canals in your new pride and joy.

We'd get there looking the part and ready to pillage the palace.

Even better you could have a whip round on this forum amongst the anti pulis lot and put a reward on his head.

Then with said head secured you could sail through traitors gate (specification of longship permitting) and stick his head on a pike.

Surely that scenario will keep you smiling for 5 seconds at least.

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post
    I am a bit concerned for your welfare viking, as you sound very down.

How about this for something to look forward to for you.

Would it cheer you up if I suggested to the wba supporters club that we dress up as vikings for the last away game at palace?

By then, if we are relegated (odin forbid) you could spend your winnings on a deposit for that expensive longship and make even more money from our relegation and charge us mere mortals to go down south on the canals in your new pride and joy.

We'd get there looking the part and ready to pillage the palace.

Even better you could have a whip round on this forum amongst the anti pulis lot and put a reward on his head.

Then with said head secured you could sail through traitors gate (specification of longship permitting) and stick his head on a pike.

Surely that scenario will keep you smiling for 5 seconds at least.
    Now I see why this board descends into sniddyness & silliness.
    I have never blamed TP-though I hate the way he plays -he has done a great job with very limited resources. I blame Lai, Williams, Hammond.
    Dress up anyway you want it won't dress up the fact that we are in a mess- and it's every year ....same transfer shambles.
    If you read what I say rather than whistling in the dark you would acknowledge my point of view has some merit. Not asking you to agree but suggest why I should think otherwise.
    The viking jibes are beneath you. Just give some footballing reasons why my prediction is without merit. Might be more useful don't you think?- [hint] more than 1 way to read last phrase!!

Quote Originally Posted by vikingwarriorking View Post
    Now I see why this board descends into sniddyness & silliness.
    I have never blamed TP-though I hate the way he plays -he has done a great job with very limited resources. I blame Lai, Williams, Hammond.
    Dress up anyway you want it won't dress up the fact that we are in a mess- and it's every year ....same transfer shambles.
    If you read what I say rather than whistling in the dark you would acknowledge my point of view has some merit. Not asking you to agree but suggest why I should think otherwise.
    The viking jibes are beneath you. Just give some footballing reasons why my prediction is without merit. Might be more useful don't you think?- [hint] more than 1 way to read last phrase!!

" I hate the way he plays" Then " he has done a great job with very limited resources" Your second quote perhaps is the reason why he sets up shop not to be beaten with a thread bare squad and a lack of quality! Anybody with half a brain would do the same!

For me - Lai can stick his cheap bottle of lager right up his arse hole! I don't want a crap bottle of lager as there will be plenty of them to sup at the cricket club against Burnley. Pulis needs quality which comes with the purse strings being opened.

I hope if we loss to Bournemouth, we don't have to suffer the anti Pulis comments on here. Why don't these whingers do something constructive and make - feck you Williams and Lai Banners or even throw oranges at them at the game!

So back to a bottle of piss to appease the supporters and no signings. Does Lai think everyone is brainless who watch West Brom as he must do! 21,000 free bottles of lager/soft drinks will no doubt cost 10 grand at most! That 10K would not even pay for Gareth Barrys wheel chair which is needed as he's that slow!

And back to the subject.

I desperately want to see some money spent on a player who will get me out of seat. The Mail reckons these could be the 5 in question

Gibson. 25million for a CH is a lorra lorra money but it does show ambition
    Musa from Leics. Good option if it's on loan with option to buy.
    Wilson, Barry, Ledley. No no no if its all 3. I could just about accept 1 as a squad player but all 3 grrrrr!

Will any of these get me out of my seat? Not much chance because if this is the best we can do I won't be in it very often.

Viking I apologise for my feeble attempt to bring some levity to this thread.

Our current position in the table is worrying and your frustration is understandable

I can only suggest one thing to cheer you up, Bradford away on YouTube.

If that doesn't cheer you up until you collect your winnings nothing will.

Back to the topic, 9 goals, I have heard about the links to all apart from ledley,

I knew he was freed and tp tried to sign him when he left Cardiff but he chose celtic.

I would be happy with musa on loan and ledley on a year, maximum 2 year deal.

Wilson, we should wait and just takeover his contract as Bournemouth do not want him.

Gibson is overpriced Imo, and I'd like us to pay no more than 15m down with another 3m in add ons.

I don't want that vile Barry.

I wouldn't have minded if we went for Andre Gray as it would have meant we wouldn't be interested in deeney, who I think is too old and overpriced.

I still hope we could get Delph on loan instead of Barry.

Don't understand why we didn't try for chupo-motting as he could be the new odiouswhingie (on the pitch anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post
    Viking I apologise for my feeble attempt to bring some levity to this thread.

Our current position in the table is worrying and your frustration is understandable

I can only suggest one thing to cheer you up, Bradford away on YouTube.

If that doesn't cheer you up until you collect your winnings nothing will.

Back to the topic, 9 goals, I have heard about the links to all apart from ledley,

I knew he was freed and tp tried to sign him when he left Cardiff but he chose celtic.

I would be happy with musa on loan and ledley on a year, maximum 2 year deal.

Wilson, we should wait and just takeover his contract as Bournemouth do not want him.

Gibson is overpriced Imo, and I'd like us to pay no more than 15m down with another 3m in add ons.

I don't want that vile Barry.

I wouldn't have minded if we went for Andre Gray as it would have meant we wouldn't be interested in deeney, who I think is too old and overpriced.

I still hope we could get Delph on loan instead of Barry.

Don't understand why we didn't try for chupo-motting as he could be the new odiouswhingie (on the pitch anyway).
    If those are the 5 mentioned on news now god help us , personally I wouldn't have then for free except for Gibson who we won't sign ,

None of these really excite me but I'll go out on a limb here and say that I would take Barry, even at his age, because I think that he can play a bit!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    " I hate the way he plays" Then " he has done a great job with very limited resources" Your second quote perhaps is the reason why he sets up shop not to be beaten with a thread bare squad and a lack of quality! Anybody with half a brain would do the same!

For me - Lai can stick his cheap bottle of lager right up his arse hole! I don't want a crap bottle of lager as there will be plenty of them to sup at the cricket club against Burnley. Pulis needs quality which comes with the purse strings being opened.

I hope if we loss to Bournemouth, we don't have to suffer the anti Pulis comments on here. Why don't these whingers do something constructive and make - feck you Williams and Lai Banners or even throw oranges at them at the game!

So back to a bottle of piss to appease the supporters and no signings. Does Lai think everyone is brainless who watch West Brom as he must do! 21,000 free bottles of lager/soft drinks will no doubt cost 10 grand at most! That 10K would not even pay for Gareth Barrys wheel chair which is needed as he's that slow!
    All true but there is money there to be spent. If it is £40m then so be it. We have no left back at all. You cannot blame the chairman for that. We have 4 centre backs if you include Dawson. Why is a centre back a priority? Why are we prepared to throw over £20m at that position?
    We are believing the spin from TP and then blaming the wrong people. Oh poor TP they won't give him any money to spend . When in reality there is money there. I repeat we have no left back. They have just let one go for nothing. Was he not better than not having one at all?

I do agree with your comments on Lai having no ambition. His real lack of his ambition is proven by persevering with Pulis. An ambitious chairman would build on what Pulis has done, move him aside, progress and improve. Pulis has reached his glass ceiling of tenth position.

Well I notice a few players are not signing new contracts with their clubs all of a sudden....So perhaps the transfers will happen at the tail end of the closing in August......Annoying but this is the way it is.....you pay a premium buying early and most likely pay a premium buying late....we shall see.....

Quote Originally Posted by vikingwarriorking View Post
    I genuinely think you are deluded if you think this is not a relegation dogfight from Saturday onwards................ Happy pills won't be enough but keep taking them til Christmas then I suggest you apply for an NHS frontal lobotomy that should just about begin to cover it.
    And if I'm wrong- please feel free to rip the p..s out of me.
    Til then what with the cost of longships and the total lack of quality pillaging I'm hoping my 6-1 bet for relegation will help me cope with this annual shambles, as I witness and you will too if you get off the happy tablets, a team in deep trouble from the off
    Dear Viking,

You are of course invited to your opinion and I get where you're coming from. But the same things have been said about the club for the last 4 years. There are some posters who swore they'd never come back because we were doomed; some who said we'd finish bottom, some who've said we'd be down before Xmas, etc., etc.

None of these things have come to pass. Now, no one could disagree that the club is not in the best shape but a shambles? An annual shambles? Really? An annual shambles wouldn't end up being 10th in the most competitive league in Europe. Not the best I'm keen to add before people jump up and down, but the most competitive. So, who is getting things right or wrong at the club?

Of course one season it may come to pass that we don't get away with having a tough gritty determined team playing to a defensive system that frustrates a lot of teams but can't handle most of the top six - but that's how Pulis keeps us up and that's how the club makes it's money. I don't know if we'll stay up but I suspect there are very few managers who are a better bet, as it were, at doing so - at least managers who are free. As to the money we need to spend, yep, let's try and spend some of the 40m million but I have no doubt the club are not prepared to spend silly money at a time when everyone else is.

I have to add, that it is of course, the hope that kills.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)