+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Nine players out of contract at end of season

Quote Originally Posted by Rams4Justice View Post
    Craig Forsyth, George Thorne, Johnny Russell, Mason Bennett, Darren Bent, Chris Baird, Alex Pearce, Jamie Hanson and Kelle Roos. All contracts set to end at the end of the season.....

The player's which contracts shouldn't be renewed are: Johnny Russell, Alex Pearce, Kelle Roos, Darren Bent and Craig Forsyth.

The player's which contracts should be renewed are: Mason Bennett, Jamie Hanson, George Thorne and Chris Baird.
    I think you're wrong on some of those contracts R4J and in any event I disagree with most of what you suggest, thank God you don't pull the strings at Derby

Id let them all leave tbh,, not one of them will offers come in for them in january which tells its own story.

Bryson will be down to his final year next summer meaning he will be easier to get rid off aswell. Im not one bit bothered about any of the names above leaving for free,, thorne should be paid up now imo.

With any luck those 9 will be gone, along with bryson, butterfield, shackell and martin.

This is unfortunately true for most clubs in Tier 2 especially those sides who had challenged for promotion and failed. After a couple or more seasons of trying, some players will throw in the towel and decide that the side won't make it. So they either angle for a transfer on the same or better terms.
    Or as is more common, just go through the motions and run their contract out whilst happily collecting their pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I think you're wrong on some of those contracts R4J and in any event I disagree with most of what you suggest, thank God you don't pull the strings at Derby
    Wrong on some of those contracts nope.... I tell you why Johnny Russell loses the ball and gives away possession on numerous occasions and is a dead end product with a poor finishing touch. Craig Forsyth not strong enough, Darren Bent typical goal poacher that get's odd goals but not enough to get you out of this league and lightweight at times and just runs into position that either ends with a finish product or nothing at all and doesn't do enough for my liking. Alex Pearce inconsistent and like Forsyth not strong enough, Kelle Roos waste of wages and hardly plays for Derby needs to go elsewhere where he can play more competitively and get game time under his belt.

George Thorne hit and miss on this one, one of our best players if he is able to stay out of being injured and our number one catalyst in our side as long as we ease him through a slow process back he can be a major driving force for us once more.

Chris Baird performed brilliantly last year and deserved the player of the season award alongside Carson & Ince and was the most improved performer throughout the entire squad and can be a huge asset for the squad when he is picked and deserves to get a contract extension for another year.

Mason Bennett has huge potential but isn't played enough to show it and needs to get more game time under his belt but should get his contract renewed by us because he is full of potential and not one to be wasted and has loads more to give.

Jamie Hanson has occasionally been one of the standout performances working under Wassell and has bags of potential but again not had time to show what he has in store and he get's his contract renewed because he has loads more to give and can be a real asset for the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    All that's left for me is to paraphrase Shakespeare in response to the answer above.

'Lord, what fool this mortal be.'
    Got nothing to talk about on your own forum Romanis what a shame.

They should of been cleared out under Pearson when we lost to Burton at the Pirelli which signaled the end for this lot of players but because Pearson like to take a hands on approach and like things handed to him rather then change things he couldn't bottle handling the job in the end which ended in his ultimate demise.

Quote Originally Posted by Rams4Justice View Post
    Wrong on some of those contracts nope.... I tell you why Johnny Russell loses the ball and gives away possession on numerous occasions and is a dead end product with a poor finishing touch. Craig Forsyth not strong enough, Darren Bent typical goal poacher that get's odd goals but not enough to get you out of this league and lightweight at times and just runs into position that either ends with a finish product or nothing at all and doesn't do enough for my liking. Alex Pearce inconsistent and like Forsyth not strong enough, Kelle Roos waste of wages and hardly plays for Derby needs to go elsewhere where he can play more competitively and get game time under his belt.

George Thorne hit and miss on this one, one of our best players if he is able to stay out of being injured and our number one catalyst in our side as long as we ease him through a slow process back he can be a major driving force for us once more.

Chris Baird performed brilliantly last year and deserved the player of the season award alongside Carson & Ince and was the most improved performer throughout the entire squad and can be a huge asset for the squad when he is picked and deserves to get a contract extension for another year.

Mason Bennett has huge potential but isn't played enough to show it and needs to get more game time under his belt but should get his contract renewed by us because he is full of potential and not one to be wasted and has loads more to give.

Jamie Hanson has occasionally been one of the standout performances working under Wassell and has bags of potential but again not had time to show what he has in store and he get's his contract renewed because he has loads more to give and can be a real asset for the team.
    A waste of effort there R4J, I don't agree therefore you must be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    A waste of effort there R4J, I don't agree therefore you must be wrong.
    Oh! Look a trash post what a waste of a comment ignore button in 3,2,1.

And you wonder why people leave this site ?

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    And you wonder why people leave this site ?
    Or say they are going to and don't!

Either post on topic or don't bother. Pointless posts aimed purely at disruption will be dealt with as spam...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)