+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who claims Rafa's style is negative

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    Everyone wh went to watch them last season
    negative footy and results are two different things

you can win being positive and attacking and entertaining just like kk

but you can also grind out boring 1-0 wins

i know what i would prefer to watch

negative footy has nothing to do with results its the way in which you play
    But Pboro, we have to be down to earth and realistic here.

We would all love to see the team play the way KK had them playing, but the problem is with Ashley more than it is with Rafa.

You are looking at about £250 million at least at today's prices to build a team compared to what KK paid at his time, and remember that he broke the ten world record to bring Shearer home.

Could you see Ashley sanctioning that, even for regular Champions League football. and would Ashley sanction the huge wages those sort of players would demand to stay here. Answer, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER.

Another point is that how many clubs in the Premiership play that way now.

Answers on a postage stamp.
    Last edited by ex_pat_magpie; 11-09-2017 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    But Pboro, we have to be down to earth and realistic here.

We would all love to see the team play the way KK had them playing, but the problem is with Ashley more than it is with Rafa.

You are looking at about £250 million at least at today's prices to build a team compared to what KK paid at his time, and remember that he broke the ten world record to bring Shearer home.

Could you see Ashley sanctioning that, even for regular Champions League football.

Another point is that how many clubs in the Premiership play that way now.

I loved the entertainers but we won zilch.The likes of Man Utd could grind out results.I remember the season where we were 12 points ahead of them at one stage,they plodded on getting 1-0 wins away from home usually scored by Cantona.Meanwhile we were pounding teams like Blackburn and getting beat.

While Manure were winning in a style more akin to Rafa's than KK's.

But a nice balanced adaption of both styles at one and the same time would be pleasing.

While Manure were winning in a style more akin to Rafa's than KK's.

But a nice balanced adaption of both styles at one and the same time would be pleasing.
    In bold would be pleasing.

so are these facts negative then.

Since the start of last season, no side in the top four tiers of english football has won more away league games than newcastle (15, level with chelsea and exeter).

Newcastle, meanwhile, have fired in 13 shots on target in away premier league games, with only league leaders manchester united (16) having more so far this campaign.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41139095
    no but they are irrelevant to what most see as negative footy
    and many have said even last year with positive results the footy was negative

you are deliberatly mixing up negative football with negative results

even yesterday we defended and hung on and got a psoitive result
    however the footy was pretty negative

but pboro, we have to be down to earth and realistic here.

We would all love to see the team play the way kk had them playing, but the problem is with ashley more than it is with rafa.

You are looking at about £250 million at least at today's prices to build a team compared to what kk paid at his time, and remember that he broke the ten world record to bring shearer home.

Could you see ashley sanctioning that, even for regular champions league football. And would ashley sanction the huge wages those sort of players would demand to stay here. Answer, never, never, never.

Another point is that how many clubs in the premiership play that way now.

what hs what kk spent in todays market got to do with what ash would spend on a thread about negative ffoty

Quote Originally Posted by waalsendmick View Post
    i loved every minute of the kk era.... But he got slated for being naive and tactically inept when we failed to defend.

Now rafa is too negative?

I'm going to get back to ignoring the pundits and the "experts" and get back to enjoying my football.
    it was great under kk
    but he set his teams up in a positive way
    to go and score more than the opposition

and for a bit of luck and a few tactical decisions we would have won the league

and i didnt mind loosing it at the time because we went all out to win

i would prefer to go down attacking than playing boring footy

footy is a spectators sport
    that is what we all pay our ticket prices for

i got so bored last season watching us grind out results with a supposably superior manager and players brought to win the league

attack attack attack

what hs what kk spent in todays market got to do with what ash would spend on a thread about negative ffoty

Because you said you wanted to see KK's style of football. Well if you want to see it then someone has to pay for it.

Because as every one else can see, it is relative to prices when KK came first time around to today's prices.

That is if you want to fork out the money to get equivalent players to play that style of football.

I'll wager you can't name a first team squad of today's players at today's prices who would be good enough to play in KK'S team for under £250 Million.

Do you want to give Ashley a heart attach even to contemplate it.

That is why it is relevant.

Because you said you wanted to see KK's style of football. Well if you want to see it then someone has to pay for it.

Because as every one else can see, it is relative to prices when KK came first time around to today's prices.

That is if you want to fork out the money to get equivalent players to play that style of football.

I'll wager you can't name a first team squad of today's players at today's prices who would be good enough to play in KK'S team for under £250 Million.

Do you want to give Ashley a heart attach even to contemplate it.

That is why it is relevant.
    why do you have to pay for an attacking style of play ??

please tell me that

its the way you set the team up and encourage them to go forward

nothing to do with how much a team costs

i watched watford on saturday
    they played attacking footy and they didnt cost 200 oddmillion

and lets face it
    the players kk brought at the time werent well known players in the main ,but he got them playing attacking footy

you are mixixng up two things
    you are confused again

it was great under kk
    but he set his teams up in a positive way
    to go and score more than the opposition

and for a bit of luck and a few tactical decisions we would have won the league

and i didnt mind loosing it at the time because we went all out to win

i would prefer to go down attacking than playing boring footy

footy is a spectators sport
    that is what we all pay our ticket prices for

i got so bored last season watching us grind out results with a supposably superior manager and players brought to win the league

attack attack attack
    You say that our team is terrible and our manger isn“t doing a good job, but you want us to attack, attack, attack??

.......and you claim to have been a football coach?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)