+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sir Keith

Was it that game or against one of the Bristol teams he sold the same dummy twice to the same defender on the halfway line..

Quote Originally Posted by diode_blade View Post
    Was it that game or against one of the Bristol teams he sold the same dummy twice to the same defender on the halfway line..
    Keef had more dummies than Burtons. Not sure dio, but I can still remember his 'Pele' goal

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    Yes i do,brilliant finishin,even that one when he was playin basketball before he scored. Who would folk rate better Edwards or DEANO? Altho Edwards was the better finisher he dint play many games in't top flight and DEANO would get my vote all day long.UTCB
    Be a lethal combination Deano and Keith,Christopher would be able to work his magic on Sir Keith and get him working hard for the team and scoring plenty of goals,

One of my favourite goals was in the Champions season in Div 4,home to Wigan,Edwards had not had a kick all game,man marked by Larry LLoyd the Wigan player/manager,last minute kicking toward the Shoreham,Colin skips down the wing,delivers a inch perfect cross,Keith taps home ,right place right time,a goalscorer supreme,i love the man

l

I loved watchin Edwards but for me there's only ONE BLADE GOD,and that's TC end of.Keith's always on abart bein captain of his golf club when he does his "expert" job wi Radio Sheff.He wudda loved some of them crosses that Enda and the Magic hat put into the box but my word Tufty wudda made him work harder than he did when he was playin.UTCB
    Agree with the ONE GOD, obviously TC and who else but I remember growing up on my estate and us having a 45 per side kick about after the pub shut on a Sunday afternoon and fuelled by watching Sunday Soccer at 2-00pm with expert commentary from Keith Macklin!.

I modelled myself (Or tried to) on "The Cigar Man" as my old boss used to call him, loved to try and emulate the movement when Edwards would have his back to goal and the defender right up his a.., when the ball would go into his feet then he would feint one way and then flick the ball the other before "running on" to the ball.

All Edwards watchers will know what I mean and I will never forget the "Pele" esk dummy against Peterbrough when he scored and waved to the kop as he performed the dummy,

On laziness at least keith was honest here, One old blade pal of mine said that he used to often see Keith, Macphail, and Kenworthy in the Royal Oak on a Thursday night and if anything "kicked off" it would usually be big John Macphail on the front line.

Keith used to admit his laziness publicly but also used to say that his name was first on the team sheet, He also reportedly said that he used to jog up and down on the spot during games to keep himself warm.

An example of this was when we played Wigan in a night match back in the 4th division days, Big Larry Lloyd - Ex Liverpool was marking Keith that night and poor old Keith doid not have a kick all night, that was until the 87th minute when he left big Larry asleep and slotted in the winner,

Keith Edwards is magic... Na-na-na-na....

My favourite Edwards trick was when there was a long punt from the goalkeeper, he would move back, his marker would follow him, and jump for the ball, the ball would go inches over the defenders head, Keith who had not jumped but ran around the defender was now one to one with the goalkeeper.

Quote Originally Posted by U-F-O View Post
    Could be worse Rodders, he could harp on about chuffin cricket! yawn. Jacks not a reyt good crosser btw, I'll give you Edna though.
    Plenty of BLADESmadders like Cricket you heathen.I disagree re;Jack's crossin but you're entitled to yuor wrong opinion mi owd.UTCB

Plenty of BLADESmadders like Cricket you heathen.I disagree re;Jack's crossin but you're entitled to yuor wrong opinion mi owd.UTCB
    Plenty don't n'all. To coin one of Sir Keefs pharses 'There's a reason he plays centre half'

Plenty don't n'all. To coin one of Sir Keefs pharses 'There's a reason he plays centre half'
    I thought it was Brian Rix who did the 'pharses' (sic).

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    I thought it was Brian Rix who did the 'pharses' (sic).
    nice play on my trypo there tt

nice play on my trypo there tt
    weeeve hall dun 'em UFO

Just saw the tap in

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast