+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Who's been taken for pillocks

Thaz bet me to it Ziles. A dunt do computers after 7-00pm (except in extreme cases) so av only just seen it.

Not surprised in the slightest. What is this "private income" she ez ? Ant she got enough from the Grant she gets from us? As the man sed with the tops of green leaves coming art of his arse, this is just the tip of the iceberg. Thousands of rich people are avoiding paying their full whack of tax and have done fo years and years thus depriving schools, NHS, Social Care etc of much needed income. It is alleged that Lord Ashcroft, major Tory donator, is like a pig in sh1t with all this.

(When a saw the title a thought it wor abart Mister Lee's antics )
    Last edited by SBRed48; 06-11-2017 at 09:24 AM.

Nice one SB
    He used to call me Ziles you know & in a nice way I missed it
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 06-11-2017 at 09:55 AM.

The public are finally waking up to who the real scroungers are!

With all the money these twisting people and there Dogs have stashed away in offshore tax evasion scheme's, money they could never spend in a 100 years wants taking off them and put to good use.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    So the bottom line is that you haven't got even the vaguest understanding of what it is that you are criticising, but it seemed like a good idea because an article in The Guardian included the word offshore...

With that being the case, I don't know who is being taken for pillocks, but it's not hard to spot one, I just look in the mirror

The money was invested via an investment fund that, in turn may well have invested in hundreds of companies. That’s just like the pension funds of most people on here. Vey few investors look beyond the overall performance of a fund (many pension fund holders don’t even bother to do that), let alone look into the affairs of companies in which the fund invests. Even if they did, how many people can say that they knew that Brighthouse was engaging in sharp practices until recently? I certainly didn’t.

The papers showed how some of the world’s wealthiest individuals and businesses had been able to shelter their money in companies that did not bear their name, buy luxury goods and homes at cheaper prices, or invest in “vehicles” that kept the tax they paid to a minimum. Most of this was entirely lawful, but that was not the point. A fundamental ethical question: is this fair?
    More than 300 economists, including the Nobel prize winner Sir Angus Deaton, signed a letter to world leaders that argued: “The existence of tax havens does not add to overall global wealth or wellbeing; they serve no useful economic purpose.”
    Thanks to the Paradise Papers leak, the world will get a chance to scrutinise and pass judgment on the tapestry of schemes and networks politicians say they find so unpalatable – and many ordinary people find offensive and unfair.

Quote Originally Posted by Nozzer1953 View Post
    The papers showed how some of the world’s wealthiest individuals and businesses had been able to shelter their money in companies that did not bear their name, buy luxury goods and homes at cheaper prices, or invest in “vehicles” that kept the tax they paid to a minimum. Most of this was entirely lawful, but that was not the point. A fundamental ethical question: is this fair?
    More than 300 economists, including the Nobel prize winner Sir Angus Deaton, signed a letter to world leaders that argued: “The existence of tax havens does not add to overall global wealth or wellbeing; they serve no useful economic purpose.”
    Thanks to the Paradise Papers leak, the world will get a chance to scrutinise and pass judgment on the tapestry of schemes and networks politicians say they find so unpalatable – and many ordinary people find offensive and unfair.

Quote Originally Posted by Nozzer1953 View Post

I agree entirely Nozzer but do you know what will happen .........feck all
    When a pension scheme is used by way of comparison to the Queen & who amongst us has looked at our fund providers
    & thus the Queen is not culpable
    There are one or two differences here though
    1 The Queen employs these people who do the grunt work I dont employ my fund managers
    2The Queen has control over them I have little or no control over my fund managers save from raising questions at their next AGM

The question remains Why are these "tax havens" even in existence if not for nefarious practices designed to avoid paying taxes into the exchequer of the country in which the wealth originated
    Spin can be put on why but in the end it is entirely wrong but not illegal we will be constantly told

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    Can you expand your analysis a bit? What are you saying is improper about the investments described in the article? What's your estimate of the tax saving achieved through investing in the manner described? In what way are you saying that someone has been taken for a pillock?

Have you just seen the word 'offshore' and assumed that something a bit naughty is going on?

If you are a member of a pension fund and rooted around in the manner in which your funds are invested, I have little doubt that you would find some holdings in offshore funds.
    Three things here .

Firstly people do not join up to tax avoidance schemes when starting a pension , that's a deliberate misinterpretation to suit your agenda , the brochure or advise by the provider simply says Pension Fund , not Tax Avoidance plan .

Secondly the vast majority of people do not know where their funds are invested , they simply pay a set amount each month and hope it's enough to get them by in later life .

Thirdly when the pension fund reaches maturity and the person draws money out of the fund each week / month it is then subject to taxation .

As Mr Corbyn pointed out today , when we see such tax avoidance going on it then leaves the rest of us to fund thee country's commitment's to the NHS , Schools , etc etc , funded by and large the people who are not best placed to do the respective funding .

How much tax do you avoid paying kerr ?

Change is a coming , Labour are going to get you , the party is almost over .

Corbyn4PM

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-papers-labour

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Change is a coming , Labour are going to get you , the party is almost over .

Corbyn4PM

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-papers-labour

If I remember Animal I think his plumber doesn't charge him VAT as it's cash in hand

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast