+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: At Last !!!

Let's just be honest please. Our government are simply making it up as they go along.

I don't think you are being at all fair to Baldrick, sinkov!

The Blessed May can't even keep her election pledge to allow another vote for MP's on foxhunting.

I hope whoever she brings in to this new post, the person knows me must retain access to the Single Market and keep in the Customs Union. After that it's a doddle.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    If I were you Sinkov I would ask the question, "Why has it taken 18 months for this to happen"?

It is the Governments duty to plan for all eventualities - including a no deal scenario. They obviously haven't been doing this and should be castigated.

Whether they need a special Minister for the job is another matter. It smacks of May appearing to play tough to her back benchers to me.
    It’s actually the Civil Services duty to plan for all eventualities. That’s why they go into purdah before elections to plan what happens if Any parry wins. , it seems they didn’t do that for referenda and the Foriegn office were thrown into chaos. I expect work has been going on for some time on this, but it’s a big political statement to Europe to give it Ministerial status.

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    It’s actually the Civil Services duty to plan for all eventualities. That’s why they go into purdah before elections to plan what happens if Any parry wins. , it seems they didn’t do that for referenda and the Foriegn office were thrown into chaos. I expect work has been going on for some time on this, but it’s a big political statement to Europe to give it Ministerial status.
    Role of the Civil Service
    As we’re accountable to the public we need to meet the highest possible standards in all that we do. We aim to have:

integrity - putting the obligations of public service above personal interests
    honesty - being truthful and open
    objectivity - basing advice and decisions on rigorous analysis of the evidence
    impartiality - acting solely according to the merits of the case and serving governments of different political parties equally well

Did you ever watch Yes Minister?

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    Mrs Merkel and our Exocet supplying French allies are in discord, it should be a doddle to knock this lot over!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Let's just be honest please. Our government are simply making it up as they go along.

I don't think you are being at all fair to Baldrick, sinkov!

The Blessed May can't even keep her election pledge to allow another vote for MP's on foxhunting.

I hope whoever she brings in to this new post, the person knows me must retain access to the Single Market and keep in the Customs Union. After that it's a doddle.
    OK, yes you're right BT, it is unfair to Baldrick, if he was advising the government it could only bring about an improvement.

On the single market and customs union, as I keep pointing out to 59/60, can't be done. Barnier and the EU have clearly stated from the outset that you cannot leave the EU and retain membership of either, and there can be no cherry-picking. Even May picked up on this immediately, beats me what's hard to understand about the EU's position, but some still keep banging on about it. Of course the reverse also applies, if we somehow stay in the SM and CU, then we haven't really left the EU, which is actually why disingenuous, traiterous Remoaners do keep banging on about it, it's a backdoor way of overturning the referendum result. Shame on them.

On foxhunting, yet another kick in the teeth for Tories and another move to appease lefties. This must the strangest 'far right fascist government' in political history BT, every move is further to the left.
    Last edited by sinkov; 08-01-2018 at 09:14 AM.

any port in a storm ?....could seem that way - unless you control the direction of the wind.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)