+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MIkey Devlin

When is he back? Hopefully soon

AoC and Arnie are horsesh1t, we need this new laddie in there as soon as he is match fit. Sure I recall it was March, sometime

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post

AoC and Arnie are horsesh1t, we need this new laddie in there as soon as he is match fit. Sure I recall it was March, sometime
    The thing is FTH, he’s not played for 10 months.
    It’ll be next season before he gets up to speed & properly fit.
    If he does play, it will be with a view to get him fit for next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post

Bit harsh to write him off before he has played a game but I get the feeling he will be a McInnes favourite,as in even if he has a nightmare he will play every week.

Hope I’m wrong and he ends up forming a solid partnership with McKenna.

Centre half Derek will probably stick him on left wing !

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Bit harsh to write him off before he has played a game but I get the feeling he will be a McInnes favourite,as in even if he has a nightmare he will play every week.

Hope I’m wrong and he ends up forming a solid partnership with McKenna.
    It’s one hell of a leap of faith to give a 4 year contract to a player who hasn’t played in 10 months.
    Here’s hoping it works out better than the £400k we’ve p1ssed away on Stevie May.
    At least the fee was “nominal” or whatever cliche they use in these circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    It’s one hell of a leap of faith to give a 4 year contract to a player who hasn’t played in 10 months.
    Here’s hoping it works out better than the £400k we’ve p1ssed away on Stevie May.
    At least the fee was “nominal” or whatever cliche they use in these circumstances.
    Still think it’s a bit harsh to say we have pissed away 400k in May, I don’t think we play to his strengths.

For the folk who say we would have been better off signing Moult I would imagine they would be saying he was a waste of money too because most of his goals come from crosses and we haven’t really done that for most of the season apart from the brief spell when McGinn came back.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Still think it’s a bit harsh to say we have pissed away 400k in May, I don’t think we play to his strengths.

For the folk who say we would have been better off signing Moult I would imagine they would be saying he was a waste of money too because most of his goals come from crosses and we haven’t really done that for most of the season apart from the brief spell when McGinn came back.
    I agree that the lack of service to the strikers is an issue.
    The style of play has deteriorated a lot this season.
    We’re more ponderous & slow.
    But that all said, May has still looked pretty poor I’d say. He was never quick but he’s definiteny not as sharp as he was.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    I agree that the lack of service to the strikers is an issue.
    The style of play has deteriorated a lot this season.
    We’re more ponderous & slow.
    But that all said, May has still looked pretty poor I’d say. He was never quick but he’s definiteny not as sharp as he was.
    Yeah I think it’s fair enough to say that,I think he was at his best at St Johnstone in 2014 feeding off scraps by playing beside Maclean,playing him on his own up front clearly isn’t working and I was surprised last week the loon Cosgrove wasn’t put on to play beside him instead of replacing him.

Saying that I shouldn’t have been too surprised considering it’s McInnes who is our manager.

With the best will in the world, Mikey Devlin is going to make no real difference to the problems at AFC

Can he play left back?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast