+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Be careful what you wish for

Have to be careful of what is said on the Wednesday situation, they gambled did not go up now they are in a mess due to FFP. Lots of players on high contracts that they cant move on. Last thing they need is for players to trigger contract extentions when a certain number of games have been played.
    Carlos did not sign the players but yet the uneducated amongst their fans blame him.
    Be an interesting ride for them over the next few years.

Quote Originally Posted by HensonsPRman View Post
    Have to be careful of what is said on the Wednesday situation, they gambled did not go up now they are in a mess due to FFP. Lots of players on high contracts that they cant move on. Last thing they need is for players to trigger contract extentions when a certain number of games have been played.
    Carlos did not sign the players but yet the uneducated amongst their fans blame him.
    Be an interesting ride for them over the next few years.
    I disagree...its the first thing they need..honest...

From our viewpoint totally agree and any extensions makes their FFP position worse. Be lucky to escape a full transfer embargo in the summer anyway. Normally you would expect the sale of any player they can move on, but the Chairman refuses to listen to sensible advice.
    So as I said lets sit back with a wry smile and watch it all play out.

I heard on football heaven last week that the FFP rule as been changed to a sustainability rule.

It's a bit confusing but my take is rich chairmen can spend what they want as long as they're not threatening the clubs sustainability. So spend they're own cash by all means but don't put the club in unsustainable debt doing so.

Loyalmiller, I know a couple of Chartered Accountants who know their way around the rules and have advised several league clubs. They tell me that the new rules are tougher than the existing ones and will make it harder for clubs that have existing problems. They look at Wednesday and cant believe what they have done.

In English folklore, owls have long been considered a harbinger of doom.
    An owl flying past a window, or heard overhead, was thought to warn of an impending death in the household.
    In ‘Macbeth’, Shakespeare calls the owl the ‘fatal bellman’, because bells were often rung to announce an execution.

Or what about the saying Owl Jacket.

Taken from the Italian ‘Giacca civetta', which refers to a jacket left on the back of a chair at work, so it looks like you are in the office working, rather than skiving at Costa.

Quote Originally Posted by HensonsPRman View Post
    Loyalmiller, I know a couple of Chartered Accountants who know their way around the rules and have advised several league clubs. They tell me that the new rules are tougher than the existing ones and will make it harder for clubs that have existing problems. They look at Wednesday and cant believe what they have done.
    Oh dear! :-D

Isn't Fatal Bellman one of the players who is sidelined due to injury? Or left out, because if he makes another appearance they have to pay him a bonus and extend his contract, allegedly - according to some of the callers to Radio DeeDah's "Phrase or Mumble" show
    Last edited by mikemiller; 04-03-2018 at 10:01 PM.

Actually it's fat Al Bellman. He's the good looking Wednesday fan with the body of Adonis who can't keep his shirt on

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast