+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Calm down folks

Don't really understand that as a 'dig'. Taking a draw before a game is in its very nature, a calm way to approach things. I think people are getting too panicky on here. Not enough perspective. If we finish 8th, I would have taken that at the beginning of the season. Most people would.

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    Don't really understand that as a 'dig'. Taking a draw before a game is in its very nature, a calm way to approach things. I think people are getting too panicky on here. Not enough perspective. If we finish 8th, I would have taken that at the beginning of the season. Most people would.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    If we finish 8th, I would have taken that at the beginning of the season. Most people would.
    I agree, but I think the issue is more to do with how you arrive at 8th. Arriving at 8th after having spent the majority of the season in the top 3 doesn't feel like an achievement unfortunately, even though, arguably it is.

The biggest disappointment for me with how the season seems to be panning out is the way the team seem to have lost a large element of the determination and fight that propelled us to the top. It was that willingness at the beginning that made us greater than the sum of our parts, but unfortunately some of the players look a shadow of their early season selves. It's all a bit strange how the confidence has just melted away.

If we can rediscover that early season form over the last 5 games... who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by CmonU***yStylishPies View Post
    Yesterdays result is not the issue, our recent form is, 2 wins from 9. We've gone from automatic promotion hopefuls to possibly dropping out of the play offs in 6 weeks. It's hardly surprising people are feeling slightly p***ed off.
    I can understand this. We first got into the automatic promotion places (3rd place) on 9th September after six games and stayed there until February 7th after 30 games. So we were in there for 24 games, which is 5 months so over half the season.

I'm not going to deny or argue that our form has not been the best in the past six weeks because it hasn't. On current form in the last six games we are 18th in the league. So are in our worst run of the season which is extremely disappointing. It's not impossible but unlikely that we can get a top three place now. I think that ship has sailed.

What we need to do is halt the slide and secure a play-off place as we have been in the top seven since the 3rd game of the season on 19th August. That is nearly the whole season, so to let that slip away from us would be bitterly disappointing.

Whilst in the grand scheme of things we have improved considerably in AH and KN's time at the club to miss out on the play-offs to me would be failure because we have been in the top seven for so long. However perspective is required as overall KN has delivered the best results of any Notts manager in recent times (since Steve Cotterill) and it's only his first full season in management;

KN Notts County Record (League)
    P62, W28, D17, L17, Pts 101 (1.63 points per game)

Win Ratio 45.16% (This is up there with the likes of Neil Warnock, Jimmy Sirrell, Sam Allardyce, Keith Curle and Craig Short in +40%)

Including Cup Games
    P71, W32, D19, L20.

Other managers

John Sheridan = 25%
    Mark Cooper = 30%
    Jamie Fullarton = 25%
    Ricardo Moniz = 32.35%
    Shaun Derry = 33.77%
    Chris Kiwomya = 26.47%
    Keith Curle = 45.10%
    Martin Allen = 37.21%
    Paul Ince = 34.48%
    Craig Short = 44.44%

The list goes on.
    Last edited by MAD_MAGPIE; 03-04-2018 at 12:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    I can understand this. We first got into the automatic promotion places (3rd place) on 9th September after six games and stayed there until February 7th after 30 games. So we were in there for 24 games, which is 5 months so over half the season.

I'm not going to deny or argue that our form has not been the best in the past six weeks because it hasn't. On current form in the last six games we are 18th in the league. So are in our worst run of the season which is extremely disappointing. It's not impossible but unlikely that we can get a top three place now. I think that ship has sailed.

What we need to do is halt the slide and secure a play-off place as we have been in the top seven since the 3rd game of the season on 19th August. That is nearly the whole season, so to let that slip away from us would be bitterly disappointing.

Whilst in the grand scheme of things we have improved considerably in AH and KN's time at the club to miss out on the play-offs to me would be failure because we have been in the top seven for so long. However perspective is required as overall KN has delivered the best results of any Notts manager in recent times (since Steve Cotterill) and it's only his first full season in management;

KN Notts County Record (League)
    P62, W28, D17, L17, Pts 101 (1.63 points per game)

Win Ratio 45.16% (This is up there with the likes of Neil Warnock, Jimmy Sirrell, Sam Allardyce, Keith Curle and Craig Short in +40%)

Including Cup Games
    P71, W32, D19, L20.

Other managers

John Sheridan = 25%
    Mark Cooper = 30%
    Jamie Fullarton = 25%
    Ricardo Moniz = 32.35%
    Shaun Derry = 33.77%
    Chris Kiwomya = 26.47%
    Keith Curle = 45.10%
    Martin Allen = 37.21%
    Paul Ince = 34.48%
    Craig Short = 44.44%

The list goes on.
    The Craig Short sacking so early on remains a complete mystery.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    The Craig Short sacking so early on remains a complete mystery.

We are very lucky to have Nolan.....cue the moaning gits now, also known as remoaners and Momentum members...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12