+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dumbarton

I think the team were motivated and wanted the win. Formation was good and the attacking nature of the starting line up worked well to create chances. Still had a few moments of crazy at the back but I think this can get better with work and confidence. Definite improvement in the last few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    I even stayed till the end last night so musta been an improvement

Still no great though, Flood and Murdoch need to go at end of season surely to f uck
    I don't disagree but both (especially Flood) were solid last night.

Still no great though, Flood and Murdoch need to go at end of season surely to f uck
    true or untrue it is pretty weird timing to make this your main point after both of them played pretty decent. For me Flood had one of his better games in recent weeks and Murdoch at left back was a huge improvement on Robson who I think has had a horrific season. Billy King was superb yesterday and ripped their right back a new one. I would be very surprised if they play the same right back on Saturday as King has him on toast.

Was disappointing that we did not score a few more. Our long suffering deserved a goal fest and it should have been that if we could have been more clinical. Our defence was pretty shaky at times but agree with many of the posters that we should be looking to get Mosni signed up for next year though I suspect this is a shop window move for him to get a bigger club.

Dumbarton away, St Murn home, brechin away. All winnable. If we can be within 2 of Livi for last game of regular season I would fancy us to still grab second. Livi getting beat yesterday was a good result for us.

Been looking at fixtures to end of season - not many of them left.

All of the top 5 still to play Brechin. They will be gunning for their first win - hope against hope it does not happen against us. Have to assume though generally most teams will get 3 points off Brechin.

Dunfermline and Morton have quite favourable fixs.

QOS may be targeting match against us as their last chance of getting up. Hopefully they will be out of it by then but if not they could be dangerous.

Livi have bit of a mix - some wins there but they won’t be winning them all

Overall looks likes teams around us will be picking up points. We MUST win our winnable matches against Dumbarton and Brechin

Flood has been finished for a long time ...... opinion, others think running about like daft is MOM material, sorry, we need a replacement ....and I don’t mean like the ones Csaba got at Christmas that we don’t get to see play ..... a big b***** that goes out and does what a midfielder should do, tackle, defend, distribute, attack ....been a while since we saw one ....sidewYs , backaways, every way but forwards ways....

Wish I saw what others saw on Tuesday, wasn't close to it performances around Nov/Dec which our only bright period of the season which came to a shuddering halt when Fyvie injured and Csaba started putting his print on the side the useless buffoon

We should have been disheartening Dumbarton for today but we didn't, we gave up a few clear chances and didn't make it a real touch second half at all, we are a soft touch, full of loser mentality and lacking severely ruthlessness, that what we need to be

That's meant to say it wasn't close to the performances in Nov/Dec avec we were riding high and resembled a team

The reaction after Tues was almost delusional, it was an OK performance at best but we didn't see it through second half, tame stuff

If we had then Dumbarton would have had doubts and been disheartened, instead after no scoring at home this year apart from 1 v brechin look what happens

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)