+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Signing?

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieWaldock View Post
    Was talking to a Forest supporter the other day and he said their owners were “really going for it this season”.
    They seem to have been “going for it” for a good few years now - and it hasn’t worked yet.

Of course I know you are the soul of discretion Rod, that’s why I told you and no one else.
    Birmingham really went for it last season under owd Harry didn't they Ronnie? It doesn’t that often work although it’d be nice to give Sir Chris the option.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    Birmingham really went for it last season under owd Harry didn't they Ronnie? It doesn’t that often work although it’d be nice to give Sir Chris the option.
    The Championship is littered with teams who have “gone for it” and failed. That’s not too bad if you are in receipt of these ridiculous parachute payments, but if not, you have to rely on extremely wealthy owners. There seems to be quite a lot of those about in the Championship (but not us). Yes, it’s great when it comes off, but not all of them can succeed - and then what?

Anyway, how much more rewarding if you can manage it the other way. Burnley and Dyche managed it - why not United and Wilder?

lwb is nowhere near our top priority 2 strikers and a centre back are

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieWaldock View Post
    The Championship is littered with teams who have “gone for it” and failed. That’s not too bad if you are in receipt of these ridiculous parachute payments, but if not, you have to rely on extremely wealthy owners. There seems to be quite a lot of those about in the Championship (but not us). Yes, it’s great when it comes off, but not all of them can succeed - and then what?

Anyway, how much more rewarding if you can manage it the other way. Burnley and Dyche managed it - why not United and Wilder?
    Yes mate, I totally agree. I wonder how many ‘top’ managers that have walked straight into good jobs because of who they are as opposed to what they’ve achieved as a manager would fair if they had to work the way up through the league’s on tight budgets. Not very well I’d suggest in most cases. I’d offer Dyche the next England manager’s position...if only to keep the beggars away from Sir Chris.

Not a known twitter account to me but I'll put it out there somat to talk about till the signings start

BREAKING: According to exclusive sources, Dominic Calvert-Lewin has agreed to join Sheffield United on a season-long loan from Everton

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    Not a known twitter account to me but I'll put it out there somat to talk about till the signings start

BREAKING: According to exclusive sources, Dominic Calvert-Lewin has agreed to join Sheffield United on a season-long loan from Everton
    Good lad bit not sure he's what we need

Goals, goals and more goals for striker I think fits the bill

Not sure DCL give us that

No me neither 58

who knows maybe were gonna sign 3 strikers but always liked dcl be a good move imo

New unsubstantiated rumour on S2

Talks ongoing with Egan
    Big interest in Luke Freeman
    Holmes may be next one leaving

i think its certain that holmes will be moved on egan and freeman would be excellent signings hope the latter is not flecks replacement just wonder if the gallagher deal has fallen through and dcl is our plan b ?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast