+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Deadbats season preview/predictions Championship 18-19

Great post DB a lot of detail in there and I agree that your top three all have the squads and financial strength to be successful.

However I honestly believe we will be in and around the top 3/4 positions this season as well because I think we have improved the quality of our squad and I also think we have a few additions in key areas to come before the window closes.

My other reasons for optimism are that I think we have a management/coaching staff who have an effective system of playing progressive attacking and pressing football which will see us outplay and outmuscle a few teams of possibly better individuals.

Wilders philosophy of signing leaders, captains and players successful individually ie player of the year etc, ie people with something to prove can give an additional edge also and CW seems to get that extra mileage from their performances.

Sometimes a manager comes along and signs players who've not achieved much in their careers so far, they get cobbled together and something just clicks.

I remember a manager from way back when who signed a few players from unfashionable clubs,some had become troublemakers, many were drinkers with disciplinary issues. He played a striker at centre back, he played a winger who smoked and couldn't run (but boy could be beat his man and put a peach of a cross in) he signed cast offs who nobody wanted. He ran a tight ship and he detested divers and cheaters. He wasnt afraid of taking his team's for a few beers post match. His players would run through a brick wall for him. His team's played attacking football in the right spirit.

Not saying CW is signing drinkers and troublemakers btw because times have changed and the drink culture is long dead but I still think there are similarities.

really think these next 2 signings will be key to where we finish this season if we go with what we have now i think a mid table position is the probable outcome get these signings right and we could well be challenging for top 6 again

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12