+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is being Retired Better than Working?

In a word yes. I retired 9 years ago. Miss the banter at work but otherwise very happy to spend my time pottering at home and choosing when to go on holiday. If you are considering retiring early however you really need to do your sums so you can bridge the gap until you are eligible for state pension etc. We don’t obviously all get that surprise £5 million retirement gift when we are leaving.

Bloody Hell, I was banking on that Outwood!

Aye, Horace Bachelor - I remember him well.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horace_Batchelor

DJ's I remember are Paul Burnett, Pete Brady, Tony Brandon.

A bit of nostalgia here,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hulUQv7zGE

I could have retired 6 years ago but here in a kibutz (communal village) if we want to work,which I do, we can. So I do not think of it as work ,its exercise. I do the newspapers every morning at 5 am,as a lad I had a paper round but now I am the boss. People also ask me if I can drive them locally so that too I do. I had 4 jobs ,but our system says I have to pay tax at 25% (if I do extra work after my pension payment). One job I was doing guard duty,today its safe it means if you want to take a chair and sit outside in the sun,or go inside and watch tv? Not bad really,you get paid for that. One thought I had after being in the ''Golden Years ?''
    ''Why the phook did we work so much in our lifetime? Some of you may have worked much longer hours! In all I worked 8 hours .Life should be 2 hours work, 2 hours a lecture of your choice,or some handicraft course, 2 hours sport, the rest for the family together.''Why the phook did we work so much in our lifetime?
    So a big YES!

Enjoy it lads while you can because the system is unsustainable.For every pensioner there needs to be 3 working people and we are already below that.By 2030 we will be down to 2.2.That is another reason why either this government or any other government will do nothing to curb immigration because without the migrant workers the system would have collapsed years ago.The retirement age will need to be increased also as any amount of immigration will not make up the shortfall.
    The birth rate in the UK was 1.76 in 2017 and any figure below 1.8 means a culture is in an irreversible decline.In 1965 when I was born it was 2.86.These startling figures are largely the result of cultural marxist policies by successive governments since the Second World War which undermine family values and principles.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)