+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Official January Window Thread

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Its abart opinions Animal. You were adamant that Cavare should be a definite starter earlier in the season, now you have him on the transfer list. Am not nit picking mate but more making a point that football is a cut throat business.

Struber has come in and assessed what he's got and brought his own ideas to the table. The change in formation has shown encouraging signs, players like Jordan Williams and Odour have come in and looked more than capable. Halme and Dougal are vying for the anchor midfield role, the front 3 are a big threat and look well suited in their new roles.

If Hoss is going to trim the squad then the proceeds should go to any new players in mind. However, as you've said, getting the fringe players out for respectable fees is going to be difficult but bear in mind that having them off the wage bill then frees up capital too.

The policy the club operates on nowadays means that they'll have to swallow and take the rough with the smooth. Thiam for instance was a million pound gamble that failed, we will have to take a loss on him. Whilst players are bought for potential profit we know that a good few will have to be sold at a loss.

Struber is a guy who knows what he wants, he has freshened things up and got a positive response. If he has any targets in mind to help us survive then him and Hoss should be working as one to try and get them.
    You've got to bear in mind that my thoughts regarding Cavare were balanced with the fact Sibbick was preferred to him earlier in the season .

The better of two evils was Cavare , we've always known Cavare has decent attributes going forward but the lad is also a complete liability , the Bristol City home game did it for me when he just stood doing nothing and allowed the Bristol lad to get a run and score totally unchallenged .

Just about uncoachable in my opinion and he will do what the hell he wants out there , you just can't have that at this level with the situation we are in .

Jordan Williams has the shirt now and fair play he looks competent , nothing more but at least he's a workable player with further improvement in him .

As SB's pointed out Struber will discover that what he wants to drive the club forward on the field will fall on deaf ears , we've had two HC's at this club of late with two promotions behind them and were ignored and Struber hasn't any currency as yet either to barter with .

If the ownership wouldn't listen to Daniel Stendel and his impact on this club and town then Struber may as well keep his gob shut because he's wasting his energy .

There's nothing getting built here long term , absolutely nothing , the progress is measured between transfer windows on the shining individual talent and nothing more than that .

Brentford plus it most certainly isn't .

Would anyone be happy to see Aiden McGeady here in January ?

Clearly he's not part of Parkinson's plans at Sunderland having fallen out with him .

Yes he's 33 but an 18 month contract take it or leave it would be my offer .

A very very clever player who would provide the X Factor and give us something different , starting for 70 minutes or to bring off the bench and nick us some v ital points .

He can play at this level all day long , bags of ability .

Personally I'd take him .
    Last edited by animallittle3; 27-12-2019 at 03:30 PM.

If we are looking for Striker's ? From lower leagues ? Keep an eye on Exeter City ! Producing some good young forwards at that club , in recent years Olli Watkins now ripping defences apart in the Championship with Brentford, Jason Stockdale having a good season at PNE , latest Grecians star's Bowman and possibly Law both regular goalscorers , Eoin Doyle on loan at Swindon from Bradford City already got 20 plus goals this season ( not sure how old he is ) Clark Harris at Bristol Rovers looks a decent striker too , depends on what division these Clarns in charge want to be in ? If they want to progress the club ? Invest now , a think we've all got similar opinions on the owners !

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    In Tommy Orpington !!
    Out as above in Animal's post
    Tommy Orpington, ya cud do alot worse than sign Leon Clarke Roma mi owd pal.If ya cud ger him performin like he did in our first season back in't Championship when he was gr8 for us he cud well be pne of the answers for Barnsley survival this season.UTMPB

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Clearly some players are surplus to requirements and need moving on .

I'd suggest Pinillos , Cavare , McGeehan , Thiam and Jordan Green are not going to be part of the HC's plans and need moving on .

Quite how much they will bring in is quite another matter .

Any clubs who would be looking to buy them are possibly in League One , clubs such as Ipswich , Wycombe , Pompey and possibly the Millers .

We aren't talking a massive amount of money here .

Kenny Dougall is also 6 months away from walking away for nowt so he could well be moved on unless he signs a new deal , a bit of a George Moncur situation developing with Kenny .

If you raised £1.5m from the above sales you'd have done well in my opinion .

Clearly the clubs willingness to hold on to Mowatt , Chaplin and Woodrow are where most of our focus is .

Absolute suicide to sell those three and I'd possibly include Jacob Brown too as a potential sale .

Interesting month ahead and possibly the clubs most important transfer window ever given the ownership's fractured relationship with the fans and the tantalising prospect that we have given ourselves a sniff of staying up .

There's an opportunity for the club to build some bridges , learn some mistakes and remain a championship club .

It entirely depends on how much they actually value championship football in my opinion .
    Would agree with the outs but I think McGeehan is more than capable of doing a job in this league

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Would agree with the outs but I think McGeehan is more than capable of doing a job in this league
    I myself had him down to be a strong player for us this season and he's a player I admired last season , a bit of a nasty streak in him which you need as a ball winning central midfield player .

For whatever reason it hasn't happened and it didn't happen the last time we were at this level either .

The comparison is Alex Mowatt who has clearly significantly improved his game .

Maybe its one of those he needs to move on things , I don't know , he's still relatively young and does have ability .

Halme and Dougall are in front of him from a position of starting the season as a regular .

He may have to drop down to league one and join a club with serious promotion credentials to get another crack at this level , Ipswich , Oxford or Wycombe perhaps who have a few bob these days .

Apparently Billy Sharp may also be available as he's just 6 months left on his deal .

Again an older player who could keep us up this season .

Don't anyone tell me Billy Sharp's not got a good attitude , the lad is as enthusiastic as he was at 20 years of age .

Used right he would be a significant signing for this club .

18 month deal , take it or leave it .

I think Thiam, Green and McGeehan are nailed on to be shipped out.
    Personally I think he will send Sibbick and young Ben Williams out on loan or I would like them to do a deal with Wimbledon to take Sibbick back in part exchange for their Striker Marcus Forss who looks like he could do well and he fits the bill at 20 years old?
    They will offer Kenny a new contract and I think they will keep Cavare as back up to Jordan Williams.
    Woodrow has said he wants to stay so for me he will be the one out to raise money for these tight fisted gits.
    I'm a massive fan of Armand Gnanduillet at Blackpool who looks a proper handful and he's in his prime at 27? another striker I really like is Mohammed Eisa at Posh but they will want 20 million quid for him probably?

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Apparently Billy Sharp may also be available as he's just 6 months left on his deal .

Again an older player who could keep us up this season .

Don't anyone tell me Billy Sharp's not got a good attitude , the lad is as enthusiastic as he was at 20 years of age .

Used right he would be a significant signing for this club .

18 month deal , take it or leave it .
    The type we need BUT--

1 Too old
    2 Too experienced
    3 No profit potential

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    I think Thiam, Green and McGeehan are nailed on to be shipped out.
    Personally I think he will send Sibbick and young Ben Williams out on loan or I would like them to do a deal with Wimbledon to take Sibbick back in part exchange for their Striker Marcus Forss who looks like he could do well and he fits the bill at 20 years old?
    They will offer Kenny a new contract and I think they will keep Cavare as back up to Jordan Williams.
    Woodrow has said he wants to stay so for me he will be the one out to raise money for these tight fisted gits.
    I'm a massive fan of Armand Gnanduillet at Blackpool who looks a proper handful and he's in his prime at 27? another striker I really like is Mohammed Eisa at Posh but they will want 20 million quid for him probably?
    Marcus Forss on loan at Dons from Brentford , got around 12 goals in a struggling Dons side this season , looks an handful too,

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast