+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tom Denton

Exactly the sort of player we would have bought when Billy Dreadful was in charge. Which says it all.

When we already have a target man like Wootton?
    That’s like being married to Jennifer Lawrence and wondering if you should sh*ag Ann Widdecombe!

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMagpie View Post
    Worth a punt? I was quite impressed by their striker. He put himself about a bit and won virtually every header. At 6' 7" he would certainly fit the bill as a target man.
    You have to be joking, well past his " Sell By Date", if he ever had one joke of a player.

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    That’s like being married to Jennifer Lawrence and wondering if you should sh*ag Ann Widdecombe!
    Hmmm. Worth a look?

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    I seem to remember our heir to the throne doing something similar.

Aside from the volley I thought Denton was quite ineffective, relative to the havoc you would have thought a man of his size could cause. I've seen unlikely looking footballers be very effective before, when you think of Peter Crouch at the top level or Matt Rhead in the lower leagues, but I didn't see anything in Denton that looked more than National League North player.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Hmmm. Worth a look?
    Many times, and it never gets boring.
    Jennifer Lawrence is quite fit too!

I think I remember him winning just the one header, and 5ft 4inch DKE pretty much had him in his pocket all game.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Aside from the volley I thought Denton was quite ineffective, relative to the havoc you would have thought a man of his size could cause. I've seen unlikely looking footballers be very effective before, when you think of Peter Crouch at the top level or Matt Rhead in the lower leagues, but I didn't see anything in Denton that looked more than National League North player.
    Exactly my view. They had a great weapon with their long throw but the big man caused us, a team notorious for our poor set piece defending, no problems at all.

Makes me think of Ian Ormondroyd....damn him!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast