+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: AFC Wimbledon Post Match Thoughts

if we had taken our chances first half we would have coasted it. Dunno what the pen was for but i know we should have had a couple. The refs at NYS are diabolical week in and week out and you know before the whistle is blown that it is just is a case of how bad the ref is going to be in that particular game. It could have been worse though we could quire easily have lost today.

Often playing players out of position, probably doesn't help and makes errors more likely, but I suspect it may be more to do with positioning and passing between our own penalty area and the half way line. We need a midfield general to make sure we keep our shape and to keep everybody concentrating. We never get a penalty in injury time, because we are mostly back in our own crowded penalty area, where anything can (and does) happen. Got to stop doing that, otherwise we won't get promotion.
    Last edited by mikemiller; 15-02-2020 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    Often playing players out of position, probably doesn't help and makes errors more likely, but I suspect it may be more to do with positioning and passing between our own penalty area and the half way line. Currently lacking a midfield general to make sure we keep our shape and to keep everybody concentrating
    I think you know as much about Football as you do politics.

Richard Wood was an absolute shambles today. He will cost us promotion. If you have small nippy forwards and midfielders who keep the passing short and crisp, Wood cannot handle it. If Warne doesn't drop him after that display there is something wrong.

Wiles is also hopelessly one footed. The easiest team talk in history is the following: the lad Wiles at left back can't kick with his left, so force him out wide and squeeze him on the inside in midfield when he turns back into the right.

Get Mattock back and drop the lummox because our centre half has been well and truly sussed.

Well that was the egg under the hat. Overall we dominated but didn't capitalise on early pressure, had one of the early chances gone in we would have won easily. We should have seen it out after getting in front, if we're going to be champions then we need to be able to do so.
    I afraid to say it yet again but where do we get these officials from, and I don't mean the pen, I think he got that right.
    Iversen. Don't think I'd blame him for goal, other than that did OK.
    Thompson. Worst game yet at full back.
    Wiles. What's he doing playing at full back when Mattock is on bench. Give him a rest or we'll spoil him
    Wood. Poor display today misread ball constantly.
    Ihiekwa. Tough game in conditions
    Barlaser. Thought he had a fair game.
    Crooks. Rightly MOM took goal well and bossed midfield.
    Ogbene. Caused problems but up against their best player.
    Adelakun. Poor game contributed nothing.
    Vassell. Had a good game and caused plenty of problems.
    Smith. Should have had 2 goals in first half. Tried hard.
    Overall 2 points thrown away and pack back breathing down our neck. It should have been a comfortable win.

Don't think this was any more than 'just one of those days'. Could have been out of sight by half time and then robbed at the end. We've had a few games this season at home where we've got a bit more than we deserved. (e.g Burton) It went the other way today.

Quote Originally Posted by jocksgloves View Post
    Away today, so not able to watch sadly. Sounds like we battered them, but we must stop having to chase the game. Eventually you can't keep winning.
    Still top. Who wouldn't have taken this a few months ago?
    Better 2nd half. Definitely not battered them.
    I honestly have no clue what the linesman on the west stand, actually did all game.
    Missed a few good chances.
    I was a tad disappointed till I saw the pigs score. Then all was well

As usual IBS,harsh on Wood,yes he did miss-judge the flight of the ball,but it must have hell to play in today,so lets cut him some slack eh ?
    Thought Wiles did well again,and he actually is 2 footed,one of the few that is,so maybe some people just want a scapegoat or two.
    Think Lasterman has it about right,a team came for a point,and the ref did everything he could to make sure that happened.
    UTM.

We had two natural full backs on the bench why aren't they starting? If Ogbene isn't doing it we haven't got a wide man. Adelakun no. Koroma not up to match speed. I'd play Ogbene on the left only wide man. Bring Lindsay into midfield. Olosunde at right back will give us some width on that side. Does that make sense. Need Tilt up to speed Wood early got away with what looked a penalty to them being outpaced at the back.

A combination of high winds, poor refereeing and poor finishing.

Time to start getting players playing in their proper positions now. Mattock and Olosunde back at full backs where they should be.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast