+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Norwich City Post Match Thoughts

Would we have taken two 1-0 defeats at this time last week? I think we would have accepted 1 point from the 2 games, and the frustrating thing in hindsight is that we could have had all 3 at Bournemouth.
    However, we just need to concentrate, as we have been doing every game, and you take every game as they come, or so the saying goes. Todays results, including ours, wont relegate us yet, just as all the results going for Norwich, wont promote them yet, so onwards we go, and another massive game for us with Forest on Tuesday UTM.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Missing Jamie Lyndsey too
    I'm sure we,ll get a great result vs Forest
    We miss him so much. Huge few games coming up to regain some of that lost momentum. I think I'm feeling more disappointed today because of results elsewhere more than our own performance. Huddersfield winning 4-1 against Swansea. How? Just how?

Better quality team won. We didn't create enough where it mattered most.
    Could have been an embarrassing half-time scoreline if they had taken their chances. Norwich are the best team I've seen this season.
    Onwards to Tuesday night and Forest, three points are essential.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Missing Jamie Lyndsey too
    I'm sure we,ll get a great result vs Forest
    Definitely missing Lyndsey, Freddie looked sharp when he cam on he was a threat

Quote Originally Posted by jocksgloves View Post
    Sounded like a great effort against another 'huge' club, who have been rewarded for failure. us.
    I would imagine both Of the ex prem clubs bmouth and Norwich fly to as many games as they can.
    Some of our Lancashire based players won't get home tonight much before midnight and after two long away trips our players will be fatigued for quite a few days.

Clubs who receive £30m+ for getting relegated can easily afford the luxuries of flights and as well as being able to afford better players they also get another advantage with easier travel plans

I said we wouldn't win today and if Norwich had taken their chances, it could have been a massacre. MacDonald goal? I cannot see how he's fouled their player to nod that in. Wiles hits the bar but let's be serious here we didn't do much else did we?

You can see our frailty in midfield and for me, Barlaser is not doing it of late, Wiles looks completely knackered and definitely needs the rest. I'm glad Sadlier is back and he should be given a run instead of Barlaser. Warne is saying Seany Mac is fit so pair them up on Tuesday against Forest.

Johansson for me was MOTM which tells you everything. He was damn unlucky not to save Pukki's shot and then went on to make some crucial saves. he's ours, not loaned, play him regular Mr Warne. Apart from his heading ability I feel Ihiekwe is a liability and is our weak link in the back line.

We are having to rest players and rightly so but when Olosunde came on we also looked stronger. (One we surely have to extend his contract and quick!)

Smith and Crooks partnered well and gave Norwich something to think about but it was clearly evident why Norwich are at the top of the table. Class players, good set up and they will probably return to the Prem on that evidence.

Downhearted?..no. Worried again?...yes now all those just above us won today with Birmingham also climbing out of the bottom three. Games in hand are meaningless, you have to win them. Massive game on Tuesday that simply cannot be lost, a draw wouldn't be bad but a win would be better. We move on.....

Thought we could have had a point today. We were never gonna realistically get owt from the last 2 games, its the games against the lower and mid table sides which will define our fate this season. Losing to Cardiff was a big blow.

The results didnt go for us today but the pigs losing was probably better for us than them winning as they have played less games than Brum and have a better gd.

The Cov result was the severest blow and it just shows how much Brentford rely on toss pot Toney up front. Fortunately he only has a one game suspension so should be back for their game against Brum next week. Surely Brentford wont be so abject again against lower placed teams.

MOM today was Robertson. Cool and calm read the game well and passed the ball well. Goose at fault for goal. Lets hope Tree is ok for Tues because only the Smudge/ tree partnership will give us any chance of staying up.

Hirst is a total waste of Money. We would have been better keeping Kayode.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 20-02-2021 at 06:17 PM.

What with that squad haha

Quote Originally Posted by thaimillerfan View Post
    What with that squad haha
    If you use the Reply With Quote option people might know what you are talking about.

They are the best team we have played so far this season and were worthy of the 3 points. As for us we just look drained! The run of games we have just come through has been harsh on us but the lads left it all on the pitch again today and you can only ask that they put a shift in for the shirt.

The quality of our football has suffered over the last 2 games because we just do not have the quality to bring on from the bench when the starting 11 are not quite on their game.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast