+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Release clause

Release clause is to protect the club. he has a contract that pays him well. If he wants it lowered, it shows what he thinks of LUFC. Get rid IMO.

Sell Rapha, to much noise around him now. I don't think it will go away until he is sold which is unsettling for the team.

Declan Rice is apparently worth £150 million which I think pushes Kalvins value up as he is the most realistic alternative imo. I hope he stays or we only sell if we actually have proper quality replacements, not potential but actual quality.

Quote Originally Posted by LeedsFTW View Post
    Sell Rapha, to much noise around him now. I don't think it will go away until he is sold which is unsettling for the team.

Declan Rice is apparently worth £150 million which I think pushes Kalvins value up as he is the most realistic alternative imo. I hope he stays or we only sell if we actually have proper quality replacements, not potential but actual quality.
    And I say again, our record of replacing like with like, as opposed to hoping we have, is poor.

Not sure it’s that absolute - sometimes it’s poor, sometimes it’s okay and sometimes it’s good.

That is pretty much the risk with all transfers though.

Suspect we would not try to replace Rapha with like for like as have a few wide players but instead strengthen elsewhere.

I know that the Yank has drawn a lot of Ted Lasso type comments and barbs but am very thankful that we have him instead of fat frank.

I think we'll see some players play really hard for Jesse the last games of the season. Not sure Everton will see the same.

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    I know that the Yank has drawn a lot of Ted Lasso type comments and barbs but am very thankful that we have him instead of fat frank.

I think we'll see some players play really hard for Jesse the last games of the season. Not sure Everton will see the same.
    Once you get past some of the words he actually uses which don’t travel well across the pond I quite like the way Jesse M speaks and he does seem to have got the players confidence levels up and they seem to be pretty together.

Liked his post match Wolves interview too and doesn’t seem to either blame players or take all the credit - both of which would seem to be good head coach traits.

sorry, posted on the wrong thread!

We do speak differently. Might be the same language but the delivery is different. Especially considering that English is a primary language for the UK and the US.

Yanks seem to talk more, higher volume, worse grammatical structure and more self centered and even aggressive (quickly evened out once you have some pints in you).

I do think we generally seem to be more positive. Not necessarily a good thing. In business meetings all the time where results are poor and some exec it telling us in an upbeat manner how well we performed. Just blowing smoke up our behinds.

Jesse falls in that camp. I think it's a great thing for LUFC at this point. Think it probably gets us promoted. Those last 2 wins really changed the outlook and a morose and negative attitude probably loses us those games (ie Everton). Not sure how well that plays out down the road but right now we just need to stay up.

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    We do speak differently. Might be the same language but the delivery is different. Especially considering that English is a primary language for the UK and the US.

Yanks seem to talk more, higher volume, worse grammatical structure and more self centered and even aggressive (quickly evened out once you have some pints in you).

I do think we generally seem to be more positive. Not necessarily a good thing. In business meetings all the time where results are poor and some exec it telling us in an upbeat manner how well we performed. Just blowing smoke up our behinds.

Jesse falls in that camp. I think it's a great thing for LUFC at this point. Think it probably gets us promoted. Those last 2 wins really changed the outlook and a morose and negative attitude probably loses us those games (ie Everton). Not sure how well that plays out down the road but right now we just need to stay up.
    Not sure where we will get promoted to, but I get the point!

Raphinha's current contract is until summer 2024 so where's the problem & why panic ????

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)