+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Eli Sam gone!

I liked Eli and thought he could do well next season. His choice though so fair enough.

This is a shame. Did really well when he got in the team at the start of this year.

Best of luck Eli!

Some of the best games when Eli and Vincent were in the team.
    Sounds like Eli is going abroad, shame really.

Good luck Eli , all the best on your next move except on the day if you ever turn up in a team against us.!...

Shame to see him go. Never really given a fair crack under Ardley or Burch. When he got a run he was pretty lethal at this level.

Quote Originally Posted by Russ_OTF View Post
    Shame to see him go. Never really given a fair crack under Ardley or Burch. When he got a run he was pretty lethal at this level.
    This..

No great loss in my opinion. There was something about him but he rarely showed it when given an opportunity and was too inconsistent. Flashes of brilliance followed by long periods of not doing a lot is not what we need in this league.

Sad to see Eli leave. There was something special about him in his quality with the ball and he will always be remembered for that incredible goal. I think he did endear himself to the fan base as he did work hard when given the opportunity. He just could not get a long enough run in the side to really establish himself and fore fill the cult hero status.

We have to remember that he came over here at the start of the pandemic and it must have been a tough hard time leaving friends and family behind in the first place. So it’s understandable if he wants to wipe the slate clean and go abroad or play somewhere else all the time.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 01-06-2022 at 02:18 PM. Reason: typo fixed for clarity

A real shame as I thought next season would be great with Eli given a regular place in the team, best of luck to him!

Sad to see Eli go. I thought he showed something like his potential in those games leading up to his injury. He was pretty lethal. I swear he could have been an absolute force at this level if managed right and given the opportunities.

I think I heard somewhere that he was among our highest earners, so I guess it makes sense from that perspective.

All the best, big man.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast