+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Maidstone Manager Post Match

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    I honestly think parking the bus isn’t the way to go against us, we’ve got a guy who can turn a scramble in the box into a goal in the blink of an eye and enough quality that if you let us just attack constantly like they did tonight we’re going to break you down eventually.

Woking’s high energy, high press start last league game feels like the best bet. But then we just about killed that game off in 13 minutes anyway. Dunno, maybe we’re actually just really good this year.

Which I personally think is the thing that is making all the difference to us this year. Our ''2nd striker'', is on a goal every other game. And as we all know, having players who can put the ball in the onion bag improves every team.

Wootton for his 20 odd goals last season has been shown up so far this season with 1 goal and as many said needs a lot of chances. Langstaff just needs a sniff. How many of Langstaffs goals would Wootton have scored? They are not Wootton type goals. I think there is a very very significant gap between us, Wrexham and everyone else this season. If we do not finish top 2 I would be very surprised. Looking forward to seeing a few games over April.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Wootton for his 20 odd goals last season has been shown up so far this season with 1 goal and as many said needs a lot of chances. Langstaff just needs a sniff. How many of Langstaffs goals would Wootton have scored? They are not Wootton type goals. I think there is a very very significant gap between us, Wrexham and everyone else this season. If we do not finish top 2 I would be very surprised. Looking forward to seeing a few games over April.
    How the hell did we not do better when we had Hateley and Astle banging them in at the same time? (For the kids on here it was Hateley 22, Astle 16, top 7 finish and Brighton relegated to the 4th tier)

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    How the hell did we not do better when we had Hateley and Astle banging them in at the same time? (For the kids on here it was Hateley 22, Astle 16, top 7 finish and Brighton relegated to the 4th tier)
    A kid I am not but 22 is good however nowt special. Like Wootton. We seem to have special now.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    We did ''do better'', we were competing in the league then.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Wootton for his 20 odd goals last season has been shown up so far this season with 1 goal and as many said needs a lot of chances. Langstaff just needs a sniff. How many of Langstaff's goals would Wootton have scored? They are not Wootton type goals. I think there is a very very significant gap between us, Wrexham and everyone else this season. If we do not finish top 2 I would be very surprised. Looking forward to seeing a few games over April.
    Well Wootton is playing at a higher level , so the teams will be generally , nearly all will be at least as good as the top 5 or 6 in NL ,and will have better defences, still Langstaff is better than Wootton in my opinion

Is Langstaff better than Lee Hughes if he scores more than 31 goals? I think not, as Hughes goals were at a higher level, and played in the premier league. That being said, it looks like Langstaff, is destined to play at a much higher level, and very very good for Notts.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 25-10-2022 at 10:40 AM. Reason: Fixed typos etc.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12