+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ❔Score, scorers and attendance predictions vs. Wealdstone FC 25.10.22 [NL]

I can assure you it looks better under the foodlights

Sorry Campie, last time I went to JJ Moons purely for convenience as I only had time for a quick pint before the game. Like you I try to avoid them especially near footy grounds so will have to do some research this time.

Quote Originally Posted by CamPie View Post
    2-1 Notts, Ruben and Macca. Can’t see more than 350 Pies there tonight, I’ll be amongst them, so hope the trains and tubes are working well. First visit to the ground - by all accounts it’s a s**thole or “characterful” depending on your point of view I guess. Anyone recommend a boozer close by, from FootballGroundGuide the Weatherspoons JJ Moons by Ruislip Manor station seems the best bet for real ale but I usually avoid supporting that business due to their less than savoury owner Tim Martin. May look for somewhere further from the ground.
    The Hop and Vine just up the road from Ruislip station looks good.

I like the ground, it’s proper. They’re a good club whose fans basically kept it going when they lost their former ground and had some kind of dispute with Barnet (the location of their new ground was originally going to be Wealdstone’s). They’re well supported for a part-time club as well, I wish them luck, just not tomorrow night.
    Last edited by jacobncfc; 24-10-2022 at 12:47 PM.

Them 0 Us 1

Wealdstone 0. Notts 3. 325 amazing supporters and Rodrigues to open the scoring.

3-3 Longstaff, Scott, Palmer

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    The Hop and Vine just up the road from Ruislip station looks good.

I like the ground, it’s proper. They’re a good club whose fans basically kept it going when they lost their former ground and had some kind of dispute with Barnet (the location of their new ground was originally going to be Wealdstone’s). They’re well supported for a part-time club as well, I wish them luck, just not tomorrow night.
    Actually fair play to them, any club where the fans are that involved gets my support and glad to put a few quid their way. I’ll go along with the preset view that the ground has character. I did read somewhere that they’d had to share a few grounds for a while after having to move from their original.

Actually fair play to them, any club where the fans are that involved gets my support and glad to put a few quid their way. I’ll go along with the preset view that the ground has character. I did read somewhere that they’d had to share a few grounds for a while after having to move from their original.
    Oh and thanks for the pub recommendation. Looks a good shout and plenty of food options around too.

2-1 Notts, Ruben and Macca. Can’t see more than 350 Pies there tonight, I’ll be amongst them, so hope the trains and tubes are working well.
    It might be better to go tomorrow night ...

Quote Originally Posted by applepie2 View Post
    It might be better to go tomorrow night ...
    good point, I’ll take my coat off again.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast