+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Paul Mullin

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    Apologies Notts78, if I had seen that in the leadership thread I would have posted it there. I didn't post it as a political issue. More the language used that I thought unacceptable from a role model for kids.
    Would be happy for this thread to be deleted Swale, one political thread on here is more than enough.
    Certainly no need to apologise, I hadn’t heard anything about this until your post and I purposely avoid that leadership thread, and this was football related. If people don’t like the thread they don’t have to comment….just scroll on down.

Thanks for posting it 👍

At the end of the day that's his work uniform. If I plastered a divisive political statement on my attire visible to thousands of customers and took a photo with my workplace in the background then I'm sure disciplinary procedures would follow.

That's all it is. Nowt to do with free speech.

I wouldn't be surprised if the National League get involved. Surely this sort of thing is not the image they want. Wrexham have done nothing other than give him a slap on the wrist!!

Quote Originally Posted by tommopie8 View Post
    At the end of the day that's his work uniform. If I plastered a divisive political statement on my attire visible to thousands of customers and took a photo with my workplace in the background then I'm sure disciplinary procedures would follow.

This ^

Quote Originally Posted by tommopie8 View Post

Yes, I was just about to post this. I've never had a job - public facing or not - where it would have been acceptable to wear a politically motivated slogan, let alone the implied language.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if the National League get involved. Surely this sort of thing is not the image they want. Wrexham have done nothing other than give him a slap on the wrist!!
    I'd be surprised. He's an employee of Wrexham, not the NL, and he didn't wear them during a game so it's an internal disciplinary matter.

I just want him to score less goals for our main rivals whatever boots he does or doesn't wear.

I’m all up for players/footballing bodies using their status to support good causes or views. That said on the whole I think we’re probably getting to a point where it’s getting to overload when it’s brought on the pitch so often. By all means use social media but the idea I believe to watching football is to get away from everyday life and all its woes, but I’m not sure everyone would agree with that.

I suppose " f*ck the Taffs" would be out of order?

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    I suppose " f*ck the Taffs" would be out of order?
    Not sure it would go down too well with Mr Rawlinson

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast