+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: England v France Match Thoughts

With this group of players I’d say it is now time for a new Manager.

I think we need a manager who has an attacking style as i think our defence takes care of itself for the next 4 years.

Until they got the second goal there was only one team looking to score. The penalty monkey remains on our backs. Very narrow margins Harry’s header etc. No disgrace well done lads.

A big brown envelope anywhere ? Just a thought !
    Last edited by POGGYWELL; 10-12-2022 at 09:23 PM.

The governing bodies in football are corrupt. Tonight proved that with VAR in the 1st half. Bent *******s

I’ll bet the French couldn’t believe their luck when we took Saka off.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Knee jerk reaction and understandably so. Hard one to take. Kane buried that first penalty so we don't always bottle it. I thought England played some outstanding football tonight and were the better side. We somehow lose but fair play to the lads out there, they made me proud tonight. Gutted, absolutely gutted.
    The thing is Pass its not knee jerk from me on this occasion , I'm just disappointed rather than crushed which is how I normally feel .

Look at our record in the big moments at tournament football since 1990 , that can't be simply down to bad luck because luck evens it's self out , you'd imagine it would over a 32 year period anyway .

Mental strength is just as important at the highest level as is the ability to pass a ball or go past people .

People used to say the England shirt wears heavy on the players but the media today are way different and kinder to the England players than they were previously .

As I said in my previous post it happens way too many times for it to be down to bad luck .

Unless that mental strength nut is cracked then it will continue .

Quote Originally Posted by Doggydo View Post
    I’ll bet the French couldn’t believe their luck when we took Saka off.
    He was injured Doggy it wasn't tactical .

The governing bodies in football are corrupt. Tonight proved that with VAR in the 1st half. Bent *******s
    That is true Pass. Apart from tonight, I've seen 3 shocking decisions by VAR. I can't logically explain how they can get it so wrong when they've video in front of them.

Plenty of things tonight to arouse suspicion , no doubt about it .

I wouldn't trust FIFA to tell me the right time .

It's not sour grapes because something defiantly wasn't right tonight with that ref .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    The thing is Pass its not knee jerk from me on this occasion , I'm just disappointed rather than crushed which is how I normally feel .

Look at our record in the big moments at tournament football since 1990 , that can't be simply down to bad luck because luck evens it's self out , you'd imagine it would over a 32 year period anyway .

Mental strength is just as important at the highest level as is the ability to pass a ball or go past people .

People used to say the England shirt wears heavy on the players but the media today are way different and kinder to the England players than they were previously .

As I said in my previous post it happens way too many times for it to be down to bad luck .

Unless that mental strength nut is cracked then it will continue .
    A get thi point about mental strength. However, did the victory for the French tonight come through mental strength? I dont think so personally. I thought they were very fortunate to say the least and rode their luck on many occasions.

This is knockout football mate. It's either thy day or it int. Today the gods were smiling on the French

Not to mention fifa

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Plenty of things tonight to arouse suspicion , no doubt about it .

I wouldn't trust FIFA to tell me the right time .

It's not sour grapes because something defiantly wasn't right tonight with that ref .

It wasn't right with VAR either. I'd given up after an hour. Seriously. How the feck can tha seriously compete in a tournament with corruption right from the top darn? Disgusting in my book and needs investigating now.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast