+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: yesterday's results

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Has tha missed guin to football matches mate?
    I can't answer for Jules but I've not missed it at all .

Can't see me ever going back through those turnstiles to be honest .

Saturday afternoon armchair and ifollow is fine by me .

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Has tha missed guin to football matches mate?
    To be really honest Pass, No. The cost was a factor, the time involved every Saturday another, even the bloody walk down the hill amd along the station, rushing after work for night games, etc, it all added up.
    . I was surprised when I didn’t cave in at the last minute as I did a few seasons ago, but was that angry that the owners couldn’t put money of their own in, and yet expected us to shell out nearly £700, plus all the other expenses. A big factor was time, one thing the Pandemic showed us is that it was nice to have a bit of free time of a Saturday, to CHOOSE what to do. Not always having to squeeze family in, on just Sundays.

I also think, truly that I have lost a lot of passion for the game itself….. the Prima donna’s , virtue signalling, and the way presentation on tv has been hijacked by the “diversity” section….. but that’s in all aspect life as well isn’t it. I look back at the days when I had butterflies going up the hill by the shop and seeing the ground lit up. It doesn’t happen now
    If I watch a match on TV now, I tune in at the start of the game, and switch it off afterwards…. Can’t stand the drivel, (Male, and Female drivel).
    I think it’ll be a long time before we get a season ticket again.
    But we will always support the reds, and will go occasionally.

I couldn’t have put it better myself Jules, that’s exactly how I feel.

Exactly how I felt when I stopped going a few years ago Jules. I'm same as thee wi games on telly anorl. I lose interest after aif an hour. Also I just have to turn it off when there's a woman commentator. Does mi nut in.

Mi missus is cancelling Sky TV today. They can ram it reight up their arse fo me. Been paying extortionate money to those fuqwits for far too long now. Hope it stays fine for em.......not.

Some good wins today from the chasing pack , Wycombe, Port Vale , Exeter and Bristol Rover's , Big 3 points tomorrow !

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Some good wins today from the chasing pack , Wycombe, Port Vale , Exeter and Bristol Rover's , Big 3 points tomorrow !
    For what it's worth Roma I think it's between Derby , Bolton , Wycombe and ourselves with either Wednesday or Ipswich finishing 3rd .

In other words four clubs fighting for three spots .

With all due respect to the Port Vale's , Exeter and Bristol Rovers I see them as the best of the rest which would include Peterborough and possibly Pompey .

There's a reason why the biggest clubs in this league are at the top of league one and Wycombe have the exception to the rule card that's always prevalent .

I don't see another one joining them for the play off party personally .

The current top 7 are very difficult to beat , only 6 or less defeats so far amongst us other than Wycombe who have lost 9 .

Very difficult to see those below 7th having the consistency to stay the course in my opinion .

I could be wrong though .

Long way to go & we havn"t even played half our matches yet but the league as always has 3 sections & fortunately we find ourselves in the top section which I will put my hand up and say that this has surprised me big time , before a ball was kicked I had us finishing around the 12 th spot give or take a position or two, either way & of course this still may be the case , but like others my expectation levels have changed & hopefully we make it to the play offs although I would be disappointed now if we did not get in the top eight , all I wanted this season was to see us get a manager who the fans respect & progress is made on the pitch , so far so good . The next 4 weeks in the transfer window will go a long way to how the league pans out , the top three will no doubt throw a small fortune at it which is something we cannot do but that is true of some of our competitors such as Wycombe , Port Vale & Exeter etc therefore the key is to keep one step in front of the pack with some smart loans signings but of course there is other clubs in the pack who might have more spending power with Derby & Bolton likely to invest so it is still going to be a tough ask to make the top 6 , interesting season developing & considering all the pre season doom & gloom then it is certainly surpassing my expectations .

Sometimes too many additions can upset a teams momentum as well, so the clubs above us could upset the apple cart.
    Plymouth are notorious for being in good positions and blowing it, personally I can see the pigs and Ipswich catching them? And if we win the games in hand and do the double over the pigs we could catch them! Long way to go yet though!
    Pompey having lost again are way off the pace and I can see Cowley getting the boot there soon, like we have said the next 4 weeks are crucial with who we lose rather than who comes in, though a striker would be lovely!
    Don’t forget we will be stronger if Thomas comes back as good as he was when he got injured.

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    Sometimes too many additions can upset a teams momentum as well, so the clubs above us could upset the apple cart.
    Plymouth are notorious for being in good positions and blowing it, personally I can see the pigs and Ipswich catching them? And if we win the games in hand and do the double over the pigs we could catch them! Long way to go yet though!
    Pompey having lost again are way off the pace and I can see Cowley getting the boot there soon, like we have said the next 4 weeks are crucial with who we lose rather than who comes in, though a striker would be lovely!
    Don’t forget we will be stronger if Thomas comes back as good as he was when he got injured.
    Thomas is back on very light training , as Duff said" he's not on the grass yet" that's where we get a true understanding of his progression ,

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    For what it's worth Roma I think it's between Derby , Bolton , Wycombe and ourselves with either Wednesday or Ipswich finishing 3rd .

In other words four clubs fighting for three spots .

With all due respect to the Port Vale's , Exeter and Bristol Rovers I see them as the best of the rest which would include Peterborough and possibly Pompey .

There's a reason why the biggest clubs in this league are at the top of league one and Wycombe have the exception to the rule card that's always prevalent .

I don't see another one joining them for the play off party personally .

The current top 7 are very difficult to beat , only 6 or less defeats so far amongst us other than Wycombe who have lost 9 .

Very difficult to see those below 7th having the consistency to stay the course in my opinion .

I could be wrong though .
    I can see Wycombe going the distance Animal , whilst it looks like the top 3 are stringing the rest out just now ? As Shads mentioned we have to keep our results on the positive side too,

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast