+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Italy v England

Wow! We've beaten one of those teams we never beat. Thank goodness Grealish' s miss wasn't punished.
    If that Ref had done the Euro final instead of the gutless Dutchman, Italy would have finished with eight men and defeat.

According to the BBC tonight's scores

Tonight's results

Group C
    Italy 1-2 England
    North Macedonia 2-1 Italy

Group H
    Kazakhstan 1-2 Slovenia
    Denmark 3-1 Finland
    San Marino 0-2 Northern Ireland

Group J
    Bosnia-Herzegovina 3-0 Iceland
    Portugal 4-0 Liechtenstein
    Slovakia 0-0 Luxembourg

Were we playing Italy's 1st or 2nd team. Bad night for them either way as they lost both

(They've changed it now but not before my sharp eyes caught it and copied)

Poor owd Harry, plays out from the back, makes a poor pass and gets booked for the challenge, then he trots back and they score............

Well done pal. If it's not in the air and he has to think, he done.

See Russia played Iran. Maybe a three - way world cup with China?

Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post
    Poor owd Harry, plays out from the back, makes a poor pass and gets booked for the challenge, then he trots back and they score............

Well done pal. If it's not in the air and he has to think, he done.
    Complete waste of a player. How the hell has he made a career in football? Can't believe Chelsea are making a large bid for him, donkey of the highest order. Should have been a bank robber.

Well done on the win but talk about thick, why act up wasting time when the ref was booking? Why was Saka on pitch far too long?

Sounds like over the top police
    one fan knocked unconscious
    No surprise

Blo*dy wife bought ticket to a show last night so had to miss a rare England game. Sounds like we ripped them apart in the first half and should have been out of sight. Looking very good on the offensive side if a team doesn't get to grips with Bellingham and the midfield with speedy releases to the front. Great that Southgate seems more inclines to play to the strengths of the team with some good attacking talent coming to the fore.

From sounds of 2nd half, seems it was a case ot Italy getting brief of playing round and through the midfield and imposing their obvious quality on us and pressing on our clear weak point - defence. And once the pressure started, Southgate sounds like he struggled to adapt and help the team out with responsive subs that could make a difference. But to be fair, Italy have much great talent in their team that started to gel and would press most teams back hard.

Overall I think there is a good progression within the team and manager buidling through and from the world cup now that we're goinig out more on the front foot instead of protecting our weak defence. Good to see and hope it cotinues. Hope for more of the same on Sunday but guess we'll start facing the low block teams so interesting to see how we deal with that.

I thought we got away with it in the end. Southgate does what he always does when we have the lead and that's shut up shop and takes ages to react when subs need to be made when under cosh. I thought Italy were poor and there for a bigger win if we kept attacking.

Quote Originally Posted by millers88 View Post
    I thought we got away with it in the end. Southgate does what he always does when we have the lead and that's shut up shop and takes ages to react when subs need to be made when under cosh. I thought Italy were poor and there for a bigger win if we kept attacking.
    I'm not a fan of Southgate but to be fair, 99% of managers would have done what he did in the circumstances.
    Bottom line is they won.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast