+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: If Derby get promoted will they come for Chieo?

Stoke manager was at NYS yesterday. May have been watching Ogbene but more likely readying another bid for Rathbone.

I too am yet to be convinced by MT but think he has earned the right to try and build a side in his own image let’s face it he could quite easily have taken the easy pity and stayed at Exeter where he was a hero like Warne was here
    He seems more tactically aware than Warne and even though some of his decisions are strange/baffling we don’t know the full story re form injury whatever
    So let’s give him a couple of transfer windows to prove himself he’s at least earnt it what’s the alternative? Just look up the road at Leeds for example? No thanks would sooner have MT who to be fair has taken a chance on us let’s face it we’re not exactly appealing size wise although at side of Exeter have more potential and with TS at least he knows he’ll get a fair crack
    I reckon we’ll probably know how good a manager he is this time next year i for one wish him well

Didn’t Mr Stewart say that the second season is the time to invest? If that is the case we want to add to our squad not get rid of our best players. So I would like to say to these so called big name clubs should look elsewhere and stop wasting our time.

I think there’s a bad case of selective memory going round Rotherham at the moment. While many are throwing their hands up in bafflement as to why Fosu and Quina kept getting picked and berating Taylor for it, there is at least an equal amount of plaudits for the way our band of patched up crocks battled against injuries as well as all the odds in the season just passed. A case of 1+1=2, perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    For the record I was jumping for joy yesterday and came away from the ground, hoarse. I have been a season ticket holder for decades, so I feel as though I am allowed an opinion- on a message board which was created for that very purpose.

Regarding Matty Taylor- the jury is still out for me.

Only one of his signings was decent, Hjelde. Morrison was decent but crocked- so we can say that was a poor signing given his injury record.

What I do like is that he is clearly thinking long term about strategies to stay in the championship- both the style of play and the resurfacing of roundwood shows an astuteness that Warne lacked, in trying to protect players from injuries.

His use of Quina and Fosu was baffling- and the result yesterday has blinded many fans to those howlers.

I think Ogbene to Derby is a perfectly reasonable suggestion
    Hjelde was bang average hence why he was in and out of the side he got turned inside out against Luton for Morris goal and got caught many a time in other games . Hugill has lots to offer and with the correct partner ship will blossom . Quina and Fossu should flashes' of skill would i have them back no, Fossu at a push ,same with Coventry had some decent games and probably would have back if W/Ham want to loan him again .Taylor is miles better than Warne in all departments as you pointed out the Roundwood thing, identifying weakness in January and plugging the gaps with Loans also having the balls to tell T.S to open the purse strings a bit . A massive summer of recruiting and off the field work is needed but at least the money is there to do it this time and we do not have to worry so much about the pityfull amount lg1 gets from the EFL .UTM

More likely to go to SUFC which he’d jump at as he’s always said he’d like a crack at the Prem
    Obviously They need to recruit some real quality but might take a punt on him as a squad player as he’s done well at international level. No transfer fee either
    With better players around him and not having to get out of tight situations like he does with us I think he,ll become a lot better player than we’ve seen of him. That’s why he plays so well for Ireland

For the record I was jumping for joy yesterday and came away from the ground, hoarse. I have been a season ticket holder for decades, so I feel as though I am allowed an opinion- on a message board which was created for that very purpose.

Regarding Matty Taylor- the jury is still out for me.

Only one of his signings was decent, Hjelde. Morrison was decent but crocked- so we can say that was a poor signing given his injury record.

What I do like is that he is clearly thinking long term about strategies to stay in the championship- both the style of play and the resurfacing of roundwood shows an astuteness that Warne lacked, in trying to protect players from injuries.

His use of Quina and Fosu was baffling- and the result yesterday has blinded many fans to those howlers.

I think Ogbene to Derby is a perfectly reasonable suggestion
    He was forced to make the substutions because of injuries

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    He was forced to make the substutions because of injuries
    Starting with Fosu against Cardiff was crackers.

Rob Scott recruits players. MT won't know about most of them until they're here. January window was abit of a panic. My question is if Derby don't go up will Warney still be manager there?

Starting with Fosu against Cardiff was crackers.
    I’ve enjoyed watching Fosu but you’re right v Cardiff.

I though we were light in midfield with both Fosu and Quina. Neither of them did well and that was due to the set up of the team.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast